Motored Boardtracker wih a twist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those pics look fine to me. I never saw them and said "hmmm those are crappy phone pics". I saw them and said "thats a cool bike he has going on, and whats a jack shaft, and how tall is 80cm"?

Some mockup pics
DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

ít's a tight fit, but it should work
DSC_0095.jpg

And the mount for the jackshaft. I hope to be welding this up next weekend.
DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

It will probably get a little shorter once i fit the chains. And do some more shaping once it's all mocked up.
The idea is to use the slotted holes in the bottom to tension the chain to the bottom bracket, and to use the vertical slots in the side to tension the motorchain.
The chain to the back can simply be tensioned at the rear dropouts like a normal bike.

Nice work Hoeha , are you a member over at http://motorbicycling.com/ by chance? i haven't seen this build there, the guys there would LOVE this stuff! They have a paintshop & chop shop section for custom builds, you definitely should post this worklog there also IMO you would have HEAP of followers guarantee it...Not alot of full custom stuff there, thats why i like this site, get to see some genuine ground up builds you dont see anywhere else, soon as we put motors on them alot seem to lose interest unfortunately...or just dont comment much one or the two LoL...great work anywayz mate...

KiM

p.s my ex-missus is from Bladel...not far from Eindhoven (spelling?) anywhere near you?

AussieJester said:
Nice work Hoeha , are you a member over at http://motorbicycling.com/ by chance? i haven't seen this build there, the guys there would LOVE this stuff! They have a paintshop & chop shop section for custom builds, you definitely should post this worklog there also IMO you would have HEAP of followers guarantee it...Not alot of full custom stuff there, thats why i like this site, get to see some genuine ground up builds you dont see anywhere else, soon as we put motors on them alot seem to lose interest unfortunately...or just dont comment much one or the two LoL...great work anywayz mate...

KiM

p.s my ex-missus is from Bladel...not far from Eindhoven (spelling?) anywhere near you?

Nothing wrong with your spelling! :) Eindhoven is about 100km from me. Everything is near in the Netherlands :mrgreen:
Coincidentally i know a girl from Bladel. Your ex missus name isn't Janneke is it? :mrgreen:

Yes i started my stretch ratty on motorbicycling.com. But after i decided not to mount the motor on that, i went to this forum and never left :D

Eindhoven is about 0(!)km from me. I live there...
And I also know girls from Bladel ;-)

This build is awesome. Too bad the good proportions keep it fairly small, but other than that... I find it extremely cool. Planning on running it on the street?? Thanks for the detailed pics.

herr_rudolf said:
Eindhoven is about 0(!)km from me. I live there...
And I also know girls from Bladel ;-)

This build is awesome. Too bad the good proportions keep it fairly small, but other than that... I find it extremely cool. Planning on running it on the street?? Thanks for the detailed pics.

Heheheh, my official answer is: "no, i will never run it on the streets"
But yeah! off course i will :mrgreen:
But probably will take the motorchain off, when i take part in a public cruise or whatever.

Hey there.
Great build. Looks really cool and I really dig it's size.
I've got a friend in the Netherlands (amsterdam) that gets the parts for me that I cant get here in Portugal.
Such simple things as a coaster break are hard to find, since I don't like those techy new generations things...
An way that boardtracker is amazing. Boy I'd like to take it out for a ride.
Could you explain to me the basics on how does the pedal / motor /chains / sprocket interaction is done? Maybe I can think about building me one.
Good work!

Re: Motored Boardtracker wih a twistty

made some barshims just how i like all my parts, quick n dirty
picsay-1287854026.jpg

and the offset front sprocket. not completely centered yet
picsay-1287853867.jpg

and all together
picsay-1287853819.jpg

picsay-1287853795.jpg

picsay-1287853839.jpg

I took it out for the virgin run too, and had some pics shot. but they're on my camera. So that means i have fire up the computer... maybe monday at work...

Thanks guys!

It actually rode okay. Less uncomfortable than i expected. Pedal power only offcourse. With motor, it'll be more than okay :mrgreen:
I did not get any speed, because i only had 1st gear.... O, and the short cranks need to be a little less short. The 140mm will be way better.

Here's a riding pic BTW
PICT5534.jpg

Back