Mother-In-Law Find...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For years, my mother-in-law has been telling me about this folding bike that used to belong to her dad...Well, since we're down here in Tuscaloosa on vacation, I decided to pull it out today and have a look:

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

Seat post decal:

IMG_1526.jpg

Top tube decal:

IMG_1524.jpg

SA Shifter:

IMG_1532.jpg

He's pretty rough! And now I've got to figure how to get 'em home!

cman said:
Raliegh 20's are collectible. Nice find.
I guess I learned a lesson....Listen to your mother-in-law! :lol: She had been trying to get me to look at it for years...

Take 1/2 at a time... :lol:

Great find IMNVS! I'm looking for that same bike. Someday I'll find it cheap locally. From the pictures it doesn't seem that rough. I cleaned a ladies Raleigh with Lemon Pledge and fine steel wool, came out nice. A couple of hours and that english steel will gleam! 8)

GL

Graylock said:
Great find IMNVS! I'm looking for that same bike. Someday I'll find it cheap locally. From the pictures it doesn't seem that rough. I cleaned a ladies Raleigh with Lemon Pledge and fine steel wool, came out nice. A couple of hours and that english steel will gleam! 8)

GL

:mrgreen: Like I saId, my mother-in-law has been trying to get me to look at it for years! :oops:

Sturmey-Archer 3-speed has written on the hub...........example: AW...... 68 ..... 9 ........... AW ( comman gears ) 1968 September.......... easy. I would dare guess that the rear hub is original. Just looking at the shifter I would guess early '70s.

GL

tnt1 said:
I have one just like that.Tony
Cool! I know it's far away...But I'm gonna be in Gulf Shores Al. Saturday...I've got my eye open for any old bikes!!

Latest posts

Back