Most of a '57-58 Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Picked this up at an auction last weekend. Frame is painted, but in great condition. At least it's a tasteful job. As dated by the rear hub, it's a '57 or so. Am I correct in identifying this as a Corvette? It is the only frame I could find from that era with brake mounts on the seat stay. Are the bars and stem original?

Not too bad looking after a bit of a clean. Sorry for the dark picture.
2rm5iqu.jpg

It's a pity these are so pitted. Still usable, though. They have a bit of a bend. I think I can fix 'em.
xbaetg.jpg

Sturmey 3-Speed S-7 wheelset. Super crusty , but 100% true and straight. Shifting sticks ever so slightly, but I think these are mechanically sound.
znpzy8.jpg

2cdaedu.jpg

Nice one! I believe the American and Tiger were also available as 3 speeds, possibly 1 or 2 others, but they're all the same frame. 58 was the last year for the 'hockey stick' guard on middleweights. The serial # is on the rear dropout on the brake arm side, and I think Old Roads has the serial # charts. 57 had several different runs of #'s and letters, spring of 58 brought out the new system where 2nd digit is the year, eg. F80000. ~Adam

Back