More scrapyard picking

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a Giant Rincon from the local scrapyard today for $7!
PB180033.jpg

Nice condition and Cro-moly frame.
PB180038.jpg

Nice airflow seat :lol:
PB180037.jpg

Aluminum rack
PB180036.jpg

Shimano Altus derailleurs
PB180035.jpg

and these awesome shifters! trigger shifters 8)
PB180034.jpg

and a cool rim on the aluminum pile for $2
PB180039.jpg

Henry morgan said:
your spending too much time in the scrapyard :p

Thar's gold in them there scrap bins! I've found lots of gold in there. Haro, Redline, Fuji, This one, Two '50's Schwinns, Hawthorne, the list goes on. I'd live there if they'd let me. :mrgreen:

dragnusa said:
You have to have the coolest scrap yard around near you Id never find something around like that in my area

No kidding :)

might be some gold in the scrapyards here, but noone will ever get to look through it. I've seen the local yard squash a bunch of vintage bikes with a loader, and nothing once in the yard can be sold :(

Glad someone is saving some .

theres ways around them not letting you take anything out once its in the pile......... pay off the gate guy :mrgreen: i do it all the time.....

schwinnmesa said:
Nice score!!! Looks like you don't have to put a lot of work in it either. :D

It looks better than it is, I need to replace the rear wheel I looked closer and it has three broken spokes and a slight wobble. The front derailleur is missing it's cage piece (I got plenty of spares), and the left shifter is acting funny. Other than that it's a nice clean bike. To me it's just a flipper.

I have no problem getting in the ones around my area its just they dont have stuff like that, Alot of people around my area know Im all about reusing/repurposing things instead of just recycling everything.

My scrapyard is normally empty on bikes just once in a while they get something good and I score. It also doesn't hurt that I know the owner on a first name basis so I get a lot of deals. I normally go up there once or twice every week. It's right between my house and downtown so it's on the way where ever I'm going. :mrgreen:

There are actually 3 scrapyards around here.
The biggest one won't sell anything once it crosses the scales and get crabby if you try to buy before it goes in.

The second is on the other side of town and only sells in the 15 minutes before they open or after they close but does organize it so you can find them easier...but so can everyone else.

And the last is downtown and sells anything, any time.

Back