Mooneyes Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done,

I decided to add a stick shifter but lacked the tool to do a rivet nut installation, quick search online and I found a DIY tool.
Below are a few pics of the tool and installation.

Few steps for this one to be done.

One key to make the tool work is you have to drill out the thread on the nut
075dv.jpg

078aje.jpg

080nd.jpg

084vx.jpg

085vb.jpg

090am.jpg

Tater said:
:shock: Migz, that came out awesome. I don't think it could be nicer. What you created there could seriously be the art work for an Electra production bike. :D

Rat Rod said:
Electra should take note of this bike....turned out incredible. :wink:

Guys thanks, I really appreciate your comments. This bike was a ton of fun but took way too long to complete.

Funny you mention Electra should take note. I don't think that there is any real connection but at one point I mentioned to one of their sales reps that I was going to build a Tigershark now they have one.

I'm still looking to find an Electra tank frame to do my version of the TigerShark any leads on a frame would be greatly appreciated.

g-ratter said:
Would love to see some silver dishes on those wheels. That would push it over the edge.

Trust me that was my first option but they do not sell them that fit 24' wheels. I also did not want to risk trashing 175 bucks trying to cut them to fit.

MIGZ said:
g-ratter said:
Would love to see some silver dishes on those wheels. That would push it over the edge.

Trust me that was my first option but they do not sell them that fit 24' wheels. I also did not want to risk trashing 175 bucks trying to cut them to fit.

Some one on here made ones out of trash can lids that did not look to bad.

Back