Monterey Bruiser - board tracker build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StaldineJ said:
Woah.... hope you're on flat land! I had a fixie set up with a 53t chainring and a 15t in back. It could haul - downhill or flatland, but it was not ideal hills! Quite the transformation from your origin!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

LOL!! thankfully i am. miami doesn't have any hills, only small bridges and ramps here and there to cross over water. nothing to strenuous. i've got the crank fully assembled and the rear wheel is on. today i've got to scramble and pick up some last parts i need and try to find me a seat/lay back seat post, and a clamp for the seat. other than that, im only missing a new top nut for the fork since the old one has a garbage set of threads on it and she'll be ready to ride. (test drive atleast)

i'd like to later on find me a 29" fork and bend it to heck with some supports to drag it down but thats much much much later on.

Hey TC Pete,

So glad to here you're going to leave it raw! 8)
I agree with you to try the Big and Little gears first
You could get some wider "pumping" handlebars for the hills
I started with 52/14 on my 'Liner and eventually put 52/16
It was pretty brutal to begin with but now I'm stronger and more importantly faster :D

Have a great time with it!

thanks MplsCoaster/scott brownsey!

yea im glad im going raw now that i look at it more. i know the 65/18 is going to be a headache at first but really i dont mind. my legs need some work out after years of not using them lol

i hope once i get my leg strength going i should be able to smoke most cyclists on the road with that huge sprocket. im just thinking FWD momentum will be my biggest advantage. i just hope stopping though won't be an issue lol

got my headset yesterday finally. i couldn't get just the top nut that i needed at any LBS so i said screw it picked up an entire new headset.

tonight im gona grease the bearings, install the fork/stem, install the front wheel and then the chain.

ill try and snap some pics for you guys.

almost done with assembly. sorry for the cell phone pic. ill snap some better ones in the next few days.

the handle bars are just temporary. and i reaaaally need to get me a lay back seat post asap.

downsize-6.jpg

ive got another picture of me actually on it. but im hesitant to post it lol

still alot of things left to do on the bike though!! far from finished. :mrgreen:

Back