Monster Bike Rally - Chicagoland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ratrod bike rally in the northern burbs. Drag races, bike polo, derby, BBQ - What more could you ask for?!

Old School Forest Preserve is just off 94 at Rt. 176 (Entrance is off St. Mary's Road). Meet up at picnic shelter E.

2883289771_3e1498023c_o.jpg

The "Anybody?" was really directed at any interest but still, interesting you can't see it. Everyone else I talk to can. It's linked from flickr so maybe that has something to do with it. I can't see it at work because flickr is blocked but I can see it everywhere else.

Anyway -

Event is October 25. 10 am. Old School Forest Preserve, Libertyville. Bike rally, drag races, skid contest, bike polo, BYOB BBQ potluck (bring a dish to pass).

Fun on Bikes, this Saturday. Drag races down the grass sled hill w/trophies and swag from sponsors, electra bikes and allterra coffee roasters. Don't worry if you don't own a cruiser-freakbike-ballon tire-chopper ride, because you can borrow one from us (or others)...but bring a bike for polo. Costumes and FUN are encouraged. We're going to fire up a grill and BBQ after the drags. The usual Pot -Luck drill....bring something for the grill or a dish to pass.....or just bring a keg of dark brown autumn ale. The location is in the Old Schoolhouse - LAKE County Forest Preserve in Libertyville just off I-94. We've reserved picnic shelter 'E'. Once you enter the preserve just stay on the park road until you reach Lot E (it's the last lot).

Here's a map. http://www.lcfpd.org/docs/map_22571.pdf

Bring some friends - the more the merrier.

So far I know of about 10 but the total turnout is anyone's guess. Either way, it will be good times! I mean, how can you go wrong with bikes and food? Throw in some downhill dragging and bike polo and it can only get better.

On a weather related note - if its pouring or looks like it is going to pour in the very near future the event is off. If its just drizzling or looks like its going to clear then all systems are a go. I will update this site once the final call has been made early Saturday morning.

JTM said:
Weather looks clear so it's on!
Clowns On Tour @ Monster Bike Ralley 2008
ClownsOnTour.jpg

Great Fun Nice toMeet Larryand his Stretch and Rail Rat Rods

Back