Monson, Mass Swap Meet - This Thread RULES!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Monson, Mass Swap Meet

I've got nothing to offer you guys, but I'd be happy to browse.

I do plan on bringing up my 1987 Schwinn Traveler (26" frame) and leave it hanging on the back of my truck with a for sale sign and my cell number.

how about we start a pm thread with all of our cell numbers so we can let the others know when we arrive?

Aw i thought I was gonna get the 11 Bowlander bikes you said you had for $50? Oh well... Ya, dont forget my stuff :x IIll bring a few things.
My cell is 617-633-7999. just look for the guy in the suit! Just kidding.. Ill be with KZ too.

thatismytruck said:
I've got nothing to offer you guys, but I'd be happy to browse.

I do plan on bringing up my 1987 Schwinn Traveler (26" frame) and leave it hanging on the back of my truck with a for sale sign and my cell number.

how about we start a pm thread with all of our cell numbers so we can let the others know when we arrive?

Yea! OK, {Ring Ring "this is KZ, me and BankerRat are about an hour away", As we are rummaging table to table at the crack of dawn}

I have a couple boxes of "MY NAME IS__________" tags if anybody wants to wear them

I will bring some odds and ends to and a FREE pile to take or leave. It's stuff thats too good to toss, but not something I am likely to use. I can tell you there are some handy bars and some older seats.

Joe

Question for you guys...

Is there any interest in a 50's (I think) vintage girls 20 inch ballooner bike? I wish I could remember details, but it's in pretty nice shape. My dad picked it up recently and he is looking to sell it. I also have a 60's girls muscle bike Hawthorne. I could bring them both down if there is any interest. They are both great bikes if you have a little girl at home.

Trades for more rat-rod stuff would be preferred!!!

Dan

Dan,
Any pics of the 50's girls bike? I might be interested, but I am not looking to spend a lot on it and it needs to be complete. It is going to be a project that will get donated.

Joe

Danimal said:
Question for you guys...

Is there any interest in a 50's (I think) vintage girls 20 inch ballooner bike? I wish I could remember details, but it's in pretty nice shape. My dad picked it up recently and he is looking to sell it. I also have a 60's girls muscle bike Hawthorne. I could bring them both down if there is any interest. They are both great bikes if you have a little girl at home.

Dan

Joe,

It's at my dad's house. I will go grab it tomorrow and take a few pics and get back to you. If you like it I'm sure we can work something out.

Dan

yeshoney said:
Dan,
Any pics of the 50's girls bike? I might be interested, but I am not looking to spend a lot on it and it needs to be complete. It is going to be a project that will get donated.

Joe

Danimal said:
Question for you guys...

Dan

I am in, I just need to get out for a ride anyway and I am in the market for a spiffy springer fork for a project

Looks like i have approval to attend with my elder son Rohan. Looking forward to meeting some you at the meet. I dont think i have much to bring for a tailgate swap but i'll take a look around.

In an effort to identify who we are can we do the name tag thingy for a bit? Someone got the PC skillz to come up with a "Rat Rod Bikez - Hi I'm ______ "tag? I would try but I am going solo for the next wo weeks as the wife is away and I am in charge of the kiddies and the fort.

Thanks, Joe

Simple idea... I copied the sites logo below. Lets all just print it out, fill in your name and tape it to ourselves. Nothing fancy but effective nonetheless!! There are going to be a lot of us there so it would be cool to see them all over the place. I would assume Mr. "RatRod" will be ok with the use of the logo as it will only serve to expose the site to LOTS more people 8) Everyone ok with that?

RatRod.jpg

BankerRAt said:
Just look for KZ and I as we will both have waaads o' cash buying up the swap 8)
Thanks Banker, you got some of those waaad's for me to carry

yeshoney said:
In an effort to identify who we are can we do the name tag thingy for a bit? Someone got the PC skillz to come up with a "Rat Rod Bikez - Hi I'm ______ "tag? I would try but I am going solo for the next wo weeks as the wife is away and I am in charge of the kiddies and the fort.

Thanks, Joe
If nobody can make any, I do have a few packages of Generic "My Name Is________" tags from a Gasoline Collectibles show I put on. could send them to everybody or bring them for the Early arrivals

I'm usually one head taller than everybody else, so I'm easy to spot. I will not be wearing my rat rod tee (no offense Steve). You can't haggle if you look like you know what your haggling for. My jeans will also be paint stained and possibly have holes.

When I was a kid, whenever we went to make a major purchase, my Mom used to say while putting on her rattiest coat: "Got to put on the poor coat so I can haggle them down some.". She had a whole act. It was pretty funny. :) and it worked. 8)

I will be wearing my army sweater with a wheelman patch or my Bikes not Bombs t shirt of a school of bicycles trying to gobble an SUV on top of the sweater. I will be driving a black HHR with a full bicycle rack.

thatismytruck said:
I'm usually one head taller than everybody else, so I'm easy to spot. I will not be wearing my rat rod tee (no offense Steve). You can't haggle if you look like you know what your haggling for. My jeans will also be paint stained and possibly have holes.

When I was a kid, whenever we went to make a major purchase, my Mom used to say while putting on her rattiest coat: "Got to put on the poor coat so I can haggle them down some.". She had a whole act. It was pretty funny. :) and it worked. 8)

Ok, look for the *two* tall people and that will be me and Skip. I'm 6'8" :D

I'll probably wear a Bruins Jersey and I'll be in my white F-150 or my wifes minivan...don't know yet.

Danimal said:
thatismytruck said:

Ok, look for the *two* tall people and that will be me and Skip. I'm 6'8" :D

I'll probably wear a Bruins Jersey and I'll be in my white F-150 or my wifes minivan...don't know yet.

6'8"!!! :shock: I'm only 6'5" and hit my head everywhere. My condolences.

I'll have my 2008 white GMC Yukon with a hitch rack that will have a Bianci green 27" frame Schwinn Traveler on it (among other things). Maybe I'll wear my "Manning" Giants Jersey.

I'll be in a junky Suburban (blue), or a junky Ranger (greenish), wife don't let me drive the NEW car. I'll also, more than likely be the oldest one there. So, I'd like a LITTLE respect. I'm gonna need a couple of youse guys to carry my stuff to one of the junky trucks.........Dan is so tall, I figure I can hang a couple of frames on him. :p

Back