monark woody....maybe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my next project. a monark (50s i think) with a murray fork. not sure on the scheme for it, but i will figure it out as i go. i am aiming for a woody board tracker, but as we all know things change when making a rat.
trying to figure out a color, i am looking at a flat green, or red, or.......? dont know yet
any suggestions?
also the wheels and the other stuff i will figure it out as i get into it. i want a 3 speed internal gear hub, but who knows. not that far into it..yet.
it will probably be a few months before i get more parts and an idea of what i am gonna do got too much stuff going on now to spend the time that i want to with her).
here is the pic of what i am starting with, also check out the persons siren (the top of the photo) i got that will be a great addition to this creation.
2008347.jpg

nice start! i vote for the flat green if it look dark green/olive and stained wood to fill the spot for the tank. those forks are sick i almost bid on some on ebay

Joshua85 said:
nice start! i vote for the flat green if it look dark green/olive and stained wood to fill the spot for the tank. those forks are sick i almost bid on some on ebay

I got these forks from ebay, and i got em for CHEAP! they are really cool looking and react pretty good as well. i am looking at the chalk board green paint with a wood tank and see if i can put wood accents all over the frame. but i am just in the middle of a dream at this time. the more parts i get, the more of an idea i will have what she will become.
also, i know the sirens are loud. i will try to get the "zoot suit" look, seen in another thread, with a long chain going to the siren. the chain will be the skull links that you see in the bikers (with a motor) wallets or what ever.

Back