Monark Silver King hex tube frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found what is left of a Monark hex tube frame Silver King tonight. It's obviously seen Berger days with the rear frame section broken off. It has been turned into a motor bike at some point by looking at the brackets left on it and the lower of the two tubes missing. I'm guessing it was jumped off something one too many times and that's why it was broken. Here's a link to the pics: http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike ... rk-silver/

I'll probably clean it up and make it a nice piece of wall art or maybe figure out a way to rat it out! Time will tell.....

CeeBee said:
At least you got the rare parts to work with! Just find a "regular" Silver King and swap the round tubes with the hex. Piece of cake! :D
To bad its a Hex tube and not a round tube. the only things good on it are the front tube and serial number
plate
Cool wall hanger though.
Nick.

bike2112 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
bike2112 said:
Awesome score. I totally want it! If you could get that back on the road, it would be one sweet Rat Rod!

That's the idea, but I'm not sure how I'll do it yet.

Send it to me, I will happily make a rider out of it :wink:

I've got to give it an honest shot first. If it doesn't work out, I just might do that!

Great find, too bad it's busted :eek: You could weld the rear of an OCC chopper on it?? :idea:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Great find, too bad it's busted :eek: You could weld the rear of an OCC chopper on it?? :idea:

That thought did cross my mind but I'm not sure how I would do it and keep it aesthetically pleasing. I just gab away an aluminum mountain bike that had a swing arm and shock that I wish I had back now! That could have been an interesting grafting of the two.

I picked it up & paid for it tonight. I was dreading what the asking price was going to be since the seller knew it was a cool piece. I'm happy to say he charged me a fair price of $4.00 for it !!! :shock: :shock: YEA!!! I picked up a couple cool lights to use too. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

That is trully a verry unusual frame. it's a true shame to be in that stage :shock: , but :!: it opens a whole lot of possibilities :idea:
it is a great project :D

Here's a couple close up shots...

Still has the red paint in there:
44227959872-vi.jpg

ID tag
38227821504-vi.jpg

Pair of marker lights
04236893536-vi.jpg

And this little light. I have no idea what it is or from. It has a red jewel in the middle, a red cone shaped lens on one end and an amber cone shaped lens on the other. It was painted black at one point. The bottom is threaded and has a hole for a wire I think. Any ideas?
46236884688-vi.jpg

04236656960-vi.jpg

28236899440-vi.jpg

Did some swapping with another member for this:

KENT SIERRA MADRE 26" comfort bike w/ aluminum frame:
08278733680-vi.jpg

My thought is to graft on the rear suspension from the KENT to the Monark to blend old & new together. I'm not sure about what I'm going to do for the front suspension yet or if I'll use the gears off the KENT. The missing center bar is still up in the air too. But the ultimate goal is to save and use the Monark remains as best possible.........Stay tuned!

Back