monark rocket help please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still pretty new to the old school bicycles and have a few questions about the monark rocket I just picked up.
it's pretty much complete to what I know and no scratches only one small dent on the tank
I do have the two front
bars. And i do have tires for it. The only thing I don't have is the light for the fender
and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what light goes on it?
And also what kind of value does it have as it sits And what's the value of a restored one?
thanks in advance for any help I get.

Last edited:
Did some cleaning on the Vin tag
And found the model number and win
Model 3300
And 0993456
Not sure how to tell the year.

I used that style of chainguard on my Monark. I knew it was a Monark guard but didn't realize it was a Rocket guard. Oops! Oh well, the green Monark is sold now. Gary

Anyone have an idea of value. I might be looking to sell it soon. But not sure what it's worth.
Thanks

I've done some searching online and one here to find bikes in simular shape and condition
And the few I've found where priced around 500 to 600. Does that sound right ?

I don't know, that seems a little high. I'd say more around the $300-$350 mark. But I'm some what of a newbie, so maybe someone else can give you a better idea.

Yeah I've been waiting for a little more help. I was thinking of listing it for 450 and see where it ended up at I've search and just went with prices I've seen. But really have no idea on in.
i know restored I've seen them $1500 and up. At my local antique mall there's one for $1800
But thanks for the help

Try to figure value based not so much on what ppl are asking, but on what ppl are actually paying. The prices i've seen on eBay, craigslist, and "upscale" antique shops are often waaaaaaaay out of line. (Like, $500 70s-era Schwinn Varsities!) They may eventually sell at an exorbitant price, but how much time/effort will you have to spend haggling with tire-kickers to get it? That being said, i get the sense that a lot of RRB ppl will shoot lower estimates; they talk more about what they'd hope to pay, rather than what they'd ask if they were selling. I think your bike could get $500 if you're moderately patient; $325 or so if you wanna sell it quick. I think $450 is a pretty good starting point.....

**Edited PS- so much depends on your local market, which can vary quite a bit from what i've seen. Offering it online can open you up to more markets, but be prepared to ship, and price accordingly....

Back