monark rocket color

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm trying to figure out what color is this. It apears to be like a brown color but then it looks kinda orange.Previous owner tells me it is the original color but has been clear coated. Previous owner did not have the original rack or seat.

Can someone tell me what was the original color on this MONARK ROCKET.

thanKS

[i
monarkrocket.jpg
mg][/img]

I found similar bike online with same color

[
silverkingrocket.jpg
img][/img]

I don't know what color it is but I like it. Looks better to me with black walls and no rack. Cool bike. Gary

I have the exact same bike and it appears to be cream and brown now BUT during dis assembly the fork head tube seemed to be more of a burgandy / brown color originally. i kinda like the brown the way it is! awsome bike man.

IMG-20120818-01186.jpg

IMG-20120818-01189.jpg

Wow I really like the color dark burgandy/brown look on your bike.

I guess it depends on how long its been weathered. I looked on the bottom of the bike tube and it does look a little dark redish.

thanks for info ... :lol:

original color is a deep red. I have the same bike. it seems every one of these monarks' paint fades to a brownish orange

if you remove bearing cups from both headtube and bottom bracket, it should reveal the true color(s) as it never seen any sun since the day it was manufactured..

mine was actually in 3 spots... under the kickstand clamp... on the center of the back fender because it was shaded by the rack and under the seat post clamp. The red was really nice too

mine was actually in 3 spots... under the kickstand clamp... on the center of the back fender because it was shaded by the rack and under the seat post clamp. The red was really nice too
Yes, that deep red is pretty much a classic color..
I've been told by few older autobody repairmen that most shades of red were hard to come by in those days..

Back