Monark or Silver King?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Help me out here.

A typical 50's Monark badge says "Monark Silver King Inc., Chicago Il" I've always assumed that was the name of the company at that time. Monark made many different bikes including one in the 30's with an aluminum frame. That bike was/is also called the "Silver King".

So, is there a Monark Silver King Co. and a Silver King model of bike? Adam, you have the book on Monark. What say you or other Monark experts? Gary

Any chance you'd want to share "the book"??

Actually, "the book" is currently M.I.A. But as I recall, they were originally two companies that merged. One was a battery co., and the other made chain saws and mowers. Then they got together and made bikes, until Huffy bought them out in late 1957. They used the SK badge at first, on the aluminum frame bikes, then Monark on the steel frames. But later, they used them on whatever, especially during the huffy years. -Adam

So the original "Monark Silver King" was the designation of the aluminum framed bikes. Thanks Adam. Gary

Thanks Adam. I know the feeling. I've got lots of stuff....somewhere :D Anybody got a copy of "the book".....?

Latest posts

Back