Mocking up, Occ Stingray meets old frame and rat trap forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm....... So far so good. At least I think so

Ratbikemockup.jpg

Kingzebba1 said:
Cool! What's your plan for the extra wide bottom bracket your going to need? Do you have the one from the sting ray?

ya man thats sweet, the stingray one fits right inside the hole for the one piece with a little sleeve action. :mrgreen:

scrumblero said:
Kingzebba1 said:
Cool! What's your plan for the extra wide bottom bracket your going to need? Do you have the one from the sting ray?

ya man thats sweet, the stingray one fits right inside the hole for the one piece with a little sleeve action. :mrgreen:

Ha! Sounds like the voice of experience!! That is the plan.

i have been wanting to do the same thing just with a cranberry cruiser but i was wondering if u put the crank on yet to make sure there wasnt a clearing problem for the chain let me know so i could start mine i was thinking of welding the bottom bracket from the occ bike i think there wider may be wrong thanks does look good so far

mykustomcruizer said:
i have been wanting to do the same thing just with a cranberry cruiser but i was wondering if u put the crank on yet to make sure there wasnt a clearing problem for the chain let me know so i could start mine i was thinking of welding the bottom bracket from the occ bike i think there wider may be wrong thanks does look good so far

Well, I'll have to widen the cranks even more. But I wanted the sprocket as close to the rear as I could. Just simply a look I want.

I am looking forward to more on your build. I plan to marry two OCC rear ends to a Dahon folder similar to yoothgeye's Sand Rover.

Yay, I love killing Stingrays! haha

That is how mine originally looked until I saw that the crank was going to interfere with the chainstays, so I extended mine leaving heel room. Hopefully you will have room, because it really looks nice, aesthetics weren't as much an issue with me as function.

Is your tire mounted backwards or your wheel mocked on there backward? (I can't make out the freewheel side)

Back