mixtee schmixtee aka the Suburban Warrior

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok since i never seem to find a mixtee worth cutting up and after seeing the ones posted here. I got thinkin hmmmmmmm I got all these parts some of which will go to scrap in a few days if they dont find homes and oh well I fired up the sawzall and.......... here we go
it isnt a mixtee its a 73 Schwinn Suburban hopefully tomorrow I can get her welded back together tomorrow
P5050065.jpg

sliced n diced her then using my basement stairs as a jig I bent it all
P5060005.jpg

bent the front forks abit to give it a stretch and added a scooter seat and the funky apes off my pixie for now
I made the laideback seatpost from some old handlebars and will be adding a rear seat support to hold my fat .... up!
P5060007.jpg

P5060009.jpg

Looking good bro.. I seen ur colgate dropouts sister at the fleamarket shes an ugly mug haha and i seen his older brother also, NICE! Near mint cond.. i liked it.

the rear tubes actually I just set the frame on the ground and pushed down til it was where I wanted then I stuck the frame in between the stairs to my basement and changed the whole angle bringing the bottom bracket up a little

American Made

I love it!! , mixte American Style :mrgreen:

only thing better would be iff she was rare so you could post it on the schwinn site :lol:

their responce.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

put the chainguard on and crank and added the vintage whitewalls I got
hopefully I wont burn it up much welding so I can leave it as is when I am done if not I got a can of krylon callin its name too
P5060001.jpg

P5060003.jpg

P5060002.jpg

toag I was thinking it needs a banana seat and sissy bar and a guy pulls in to the store to bring me a 70s Schwinn Fairlady unannounced! SCORE! 5 bucks for the whole bike!
ok back to wrenchin!
my buddy was gone so no welding tonight but heres a mock up
P5070001.jpg

P5070002.jpg

P5070003.jpg

Once I get her welded I will take it apart to clean it up switch the s-7 wheels for another set with better lookin spokes(keeping the OG Nylon whitewalls)
add a different crankset from a schwinn then this thing will be 100% Schwinn
well not counting duct tape and welding wire lol

Man, that rocks. My favorite part of this is doing cool stuff with the crap we already have layin' around.

Now I'm thinking.....I had a friend a couple years ago that had an old peuget mixte thing sitting behind the house......

I gotta learn to weld! :roll:

Latest posts

Back