Mint green auto paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or if you're just looking for spray cans Duplicolor has many choices. Available at your local AutoZone.

Very true, a good quality paint job doesn't come easy but with proper prep work (sanding, smoothing, light coats, wet sanding, plenty of dry time, more wet sanding, exc.) I have had good results using Duplicolor paints. The bottom line is weather you use a spray can, a paint gun, or whatever else your hours of preparation will show in the final product.

Thanks for your help! I just don't want to be able to take my finger nail and pull the paint off. I want to try and get it as good as quality as if I bought it right off the shelf.

Could you tell me the brand for the single stage in it? Or even where to get the aerosol can with mixed paint? Thanks

I thought the Three Stooges did that bit. Did Abbott and Costello do it too?

CeeBee said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Or if you're just looking for spray cans Duplicolor has many choices. Available at your local AutoZone.

Uh oh Outskirts, you've messed up. When Smoopy's hears someone compare Duplicolor to automotive paint he reacts like Bud Abbot when Lou Costello mentions "Niagra Falls". (Hopefully someone else here is old enough to get the reference.)
They named it "Duplicolor", not DupliQuality". :D

Smoopy's said:
Gumbyack said:
Thanks smoopy's that is a perfect answer! I appreciate your help.

no problem bud..just trying to keep you from making the mistake of using "crus"toleum rattle cans and hating it as you put the bike back together as the paint falls to the ground... :wink:

Didn't mean to step on your toes there bud, I have used Duplicolor because it's cheap, readily available, and has a great selection of colors, I haven't had a lot of problems with it but yes it is prone to scratches but I normally keep an extra can around for touch ups and when it runs out I'm normally bored with the bike and strip it down and re-build it anyway. I'll have to check into the refillable spray can thing though, I didn't know they existed. I thought you had to have an expensive spray gun, air compressor, and all that stuff.

Thanks guys. Yes I am trying to get the best quality paint job I can do. I appreciate everyone's help and I will keep you all updated.

The paint shop here is called Ferrystones and they will load a aerosol can with whatever color you want for $17, and it's a large can, not sure of the ounces but much more than in duplicolor. Also their paint isn't PPG but is something else that is pretty tough, almost as good as ppg. I'm sure a paint shop near you offers the same service.

Hmm I don't have one of those in Michigan but ill call around to the local paint shops and see. Thanks!

lately iv been using walmart paints. They seem to hold up better and are alot cheaper than duplicolor. and great selection. but if you want better automotive quality check out eastwood. I think they may even have their paints available in rattle cans if you dont have a gun.

Latest posts

Back