Milk Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thing rusting in an alley and it looked so unusual I thought it'd be a good contender for my first build. I knocked on a few doors and asked around the neighborhood and everyone said the same thing, - it's been there for years, just take it! So I did!

IMG_0846_1.jpg

I like the way the twin bars sweep down through the whole length of the frame- it's a bit of a feminine bike but hopefully I can 'man it up' somehow.
IMG_0731_2.jpg

That thing is weird cool. No head badge? It's like half burritoed already...

Carl.
the head badge is just a sticker with the letter 'i' (don't have photo ready)but it has a decal on the bottom tube
IMG_2412.jpg

you know, that world-famous brand ?:eek:
anyway, it looks a lot better now I've removed the basket,front fender, lowered the bars and given it a wash.
I just put some air in the tires and rode it around - a bit small but everything works
IMG_2409.jpg

I'm looking at this bike and wondering if it was or is something called a "city bike" These bikes were owned by the local cities and left out to be used by the citizen of that town. I said in an earlier post it reminds me of that type of bike. What makes me think that way is the low top bar and the huge basket (almost like putting shopping supplies in) What city was it found in?

I'm looking at this bike and wondering if it was or is something called a "city bike" These bikes were owned by the local cities and left out to be used by the citizen of that town. I said in an earlier post it reminds me of that type of bike. What makes me think that way is the low top bar and the huge basket (almost like putting shopping supplies in) What city was it found in?
Have you ever lived in the city?
Leave a bike out even with a lock on it, A CITIZEN will grab it and take it.
I used a bike in New York. I chained it to a fence. Took the train for overnight. When I returned the chain was cut and still there on the fence But the bike was gone. It was a Beater of a bike too. I think I paid thirty dollars for it.
Must have been a Citizen.:(

found in Taiwan, so was most likely made here too. Maybe they were exported to Europe?

I used a bike in New York. I chained it to a fence. Took the train for overnight. When I returned the chain was cut and still there on the fence But the bike was gone. It was a Beater of a bike too. I think I paid thirty dollars for it.

Sorry to hear that, but not all cities are like NY -
here in Taiwan city bikes are everywhere, you can watch this hilariously cheesy advertisement to see how the system works :rofl:

Does Amsterdam count? Never lived in a city stateside. When I was there they had many many bikes all alike all painted white. The thing was to ride the bike to where you were going and leave for the next person. When you got done doing what you were doing you grab a bike (not a private owned bike). It was not a perfect system but it worked for me and many others. Sorry about your experience in New York! Some of us grew up in other places beside the US and our experience is different then yours.

found in Taiwan, so was most likely made here too. Maybe they were exported to Europe?
Not sure where the bikes were made in Amsterdam. I think they were made there, but I'm not sure. I just rode them my only concern was that they stop and go and have a seat and air in the tires.

Love the cheesy ad. I guess it wasn't the audio that i loved, it was the photos. Taiwan looks like a nice place to hang out.

Last edited:
Back