Might be my first.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torpedo.jpg

Like I said in my intro, I don't have a bike....yet. I know I don't need one and I'm not sure if I want one....but,you know how it goes. I stumbled across this purely by chance. It's a Torpedo. I don't know anything about it and would like to know more. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. I figure for $20.00 I can't go to far wrong.

I would jump on that quickly. Looks like it should clean up nicely. Whether you clean it up and ride it OR paint and build it, that would be a great base.

Thats how it all starts 20 bucks here 20 bucks there then they start breeding and before you know it your addicted. So spend the 20 bucks on that bike and let the good times roll. Happy addiction :mrgreen:

Yeah! And all I wanted was a comfortable cruiser and stumbled across a '56 schwinn. That's how it starts.Heh heh. :lol: Welcome to Rats Anonymous. :mrgreen:

If you don't buy it, I live in MA, tell "me" where it is!!

I agree BUY THAT BIKE! Then roll the front fender back to where its about 2 inches off the ground, then cut the forward side of the rear fender where the chain guard indent is and roll the rear fender forward to about 2 inches off the ground (to match the front fender). Make a bent seat post to keep the seat low and moved back about 5 inches (see " Bike How To" thread "Seatpost Bending") . Flip the handle bars. Clean up and grease as nesessary. Oh, and take off those wheel reflecters , put them on a string or chain and hang them around your neck. You than have a cool Rat bike and Rat bling. And then RIDE. Welcome to the RRB world. Dangerous Dan

Thanks gentleman. The bike is now mine. Now all I got to do is read the how to section for countless hours. Pull a little money out, put some dirt under my fingernails and rust in my nostrils and I should have a bike.

:( :( :( :( .......................... :D

Great find Cootie!!!! Sheeesh I wish I had that kind of luck for my first bike! $20 for that is incredible... it's the exact frame I was looking for (and still am if anyone has one with the straightbar they want to sell).

Have a blast, and I am new myself too, so it's cool to get some new faces to join in with me and post our first time builds.

dude thats a horrable bike to have. tell ya what, send it to me and i'll take care of it for ya.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Back