Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike... DONE! 9/22

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Midwest Bicycle Fest will be held Sunday 9/30/12 at Riggs Park in Haysville, Kansas.

I bought the Bike pictured below so I could build it up and offer it as one of the Raffle bikes for the fest. The money that is raised by the raffle helps to pay for running the fest and providing the FREE food, and helps keep the Fest running so nobody is out of pocket.

As far as direction, of course its gonna be Rat style, other than that I have a couple customizing ideas, I am providing the bike itself, the fabrication, painting, assembly, and what few parts I may have laying around. I will be soliciting donations for the Seat, Tires, Pedals, Grips, and any accessories that might go with it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

I will use this thread to document the build, going may be kind of slow in the beginning since I have a couple other builds also in progress.

Re: Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike!

You mean this is the starting look.......Lots of us would give our "I" teeth for a bike that looks like this.... :mrgreen:

Houndog said:
Is there gonna be a swap meet as well? I sure hope so!!!
Sorry no swap meet. We're not allowed to buy/sell where this event is being held. You can wheel and deal under the radar. Good place to network, make connections etc...

The wife and I are planning on coming up...I'll be sure to leave room in my van to load that up for the trip back home... :p

Yes, Dan proved that all it takes is ONE ticket!!!

He must be one lucky son of a beaver pelt, he also won the Raffle bike at the Bug Fest.... but I think he bought 10 tickets?

Dropped the Frame and Tank off to 450redrider today for some powdercoating.

I picked up a Bendix rb2 rear hub that I will go thru and make it functional and pretty.

I also spent some time cleaning up the small parts getting things ready.

Back