Michigan RatRodbikers Location List

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K. So after watching to see where this thread was going, it's finally time for me to chime in.
The FreakBike Militia Great Lakes (FBM-GL) hosts rides all over the state all year long. Most of the cruises are take place in the lower half of the state and are in Oakland, Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston and Shiawasee counties. We do however have a couple of rides a year in Ionia, Sterling Heights, Detroit and up by the Silver Lake sand dunes in Shelby. We get a group together a couple of times a year and head into Canada to ride with the FBM- Golden Horseshoe chapter.
The FBM-GL also has a FreakBikers Banquet in December where we talk about scheduling the next years upcoming rides and events, induct people into the FBM-GL Hall of Freaks, hand out awards and trophies, and just shoot the bull and eat a lot.
We do several parades a year, ride for cancer research in Canada, walk for breast cancer in Flint, honor our MIAs and POWs in Davisburg, hang with the rat rodders (car guys) in Davisburg and other shows, help cub scouts and boy scouts earn their badges, and hold a blessing of the bikes in Ionia. I'm sure there's more that I could list but these are some of the main things.

Now onto what others have to offer ...
The Detroit Autorama has a custom bike show that is hosted by Don and Deb of Petri and son Bicycle Shop. Don and Deb also have other events periodically throughout the year.

The Owosso Peddlers in Owosso host rides every other Friday most of the year. They also help with the House of Wheels bike fest in August.

The Custom Cruisers host a ride in Heinz park every year.

Just to let you all know ...

All of our rides are SLOW cruises and are open to all ages (unless otherwise stated). We allow all types of bikes but customs and cruisers are usually the majority. It's not unusual to see several Autorama winning show bikes cruising down the street.
On the FBM-GL rides, we are pretty much alcohol free. We do occassionally have "bar hops" and they are labeled as such when posted.
All riders are expected to be responsible for themselves and the people who they brought with them. If you show up drunk, unruley or ignorant of basic traffic rules you'll be asked to leave.
Most of our rides are 5 to 10 miles long and we allow for stops along the way as needed.
The FreakBike Nation's motto is ...
No Matter Where You're From,
We Ride As One
and we uphold this motto on every FBM-GL ride. We all ride together and if someone breaks down we either try to fix it or make sure they get back to their vehicle. None of the "ride for yourself" attitude!

TommyTwoTime said:
Im in Canton. Hey chainsaw when /wheres that Heinz park ride. Im only a few miles from heinz and thats my old stomping ground as a kid. anyone doing frankenmuth in two weeks? I'll be bringing my http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38740

Hey Tommy, Some of us were worried that we hadn't seen Mark yet this year so Toledo Rob called him. Mark's got a new job and didn't have time to organize the Heinz Park Cruise. There has been talk of doing one later in the year though.

Freakenmuth (Frankenmuth) is gonna rock! I talked to the Frankenmuth promoter at Ann Arbor and he's all fired up about us coming!

For anyone interested in a listing of some of the other rides going on, check here:
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... f=6&t=3479

The rides are listed by place and date but not necessarily in order. If anyone has any rides not listed, please give me the info and I'll add to the list. Also check the other sections in the Great Lakes thread for current info/talk about the rides/events. These are rides for all types of bikes! They are slow paced cruises or 'show your bikes" events..

Back