Michigan RatRodbikers Location List

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you would like to list your location so that we could get in touch for Events such as "Chicago Monthly Ride" or what ever comes up.
Thanks
Gary

Beautiful South West Coast: Benton Harbor/Saint Joseph!

IMG_0798-1.jpg

flatheadpete said:
Flint. Bring your vests....

:lol: if you have a cpl there is no gray area in the law and you can open carry on a bicycle.

if you don't have a cpl you just may end up being a test case because there is no case law on it.

Upper Class White Trash said:
Did you know open carry of a hand gun is legal!!!!
Cop buddy told me when he was going through the academy but just looked into it the other day.
Now what I am waiting for the local gun shop owner /CPL instructor digging around for me to find out if I am within the limits set by state to open carry on my bike. If you have a CPL license you can open carry while riding he said but I haven't had the money to drop to getting it.
Most of my riding takes place after dusk and I always carry a not so legal knife just in case. Comes back to knife in a gun fight though and I have to be within a few feet to even have a chance.
What I have found says nothing about bikes. Its that's gray area because no case law has been established. So I may end up on the news lol. I hope he digs up something in my favor though. I really don't want to go through the hassle but I may be that guy. Here is a link of their site. Other states are on there if you want to know about your state.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/michigan ... higan.html

MSP email
Well after a little wait I get this.
"Michigan's concealed weapons statute - MCL 750.227 - makes it illegal to carry a concealed pistol IN a vehicle without a concealed pistol license.

Carrying a pistol in plain view on a bicycle is not in a vehicle, thus doing so does not violate the statute.

However, our interpretation is not binding, and there are no court cases applying the statute to bicycles. Therefore, we suggest that you check with the local prosecutor before riding a bicycle with a visible pistol.

Sincerely,

Sgt. Thomas Deasy
Michigan State Police
Legal Resources Unit
714 S. Harrison Rd.
East Lansing, Michigan"

One more email in my favor and talked to a LEO that has researched the laws and said he found nothing that states that I can't. So yesterday I exercised my right to do so while on a bike ride with my daughter.

MSP email
"As long as the weapon is in plain view you can "open carry" on a bicycle as long as you are not in a pistol free zone.
Best Regards,Tpr C. Hawkins Michigan State Police"

BumpJust trying to get regional info for future events

Davey I visit Jackson a few times a year ,relatives. Do you ride Ella Sharp trails there awesome !

Ok now that all are stating where they live. Why doesnt Michigan have any cool bike events and swap meets. And if Mi. does where are they??? If no one knows what are we doing we need to get some going...

Back