Merry Christmas from a new guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I "Ratted out" my 1st bike in the 60's. Like every boy my age back then I wanted an Apple Crate. My folks bought me a Red 26" Firestone Cruiser with wire saddle baskets. It was completely practical to ride to school and completely uncool. :oops: Within a month I had the fenders, seat, handle bars and those wimpy baskets off. Rattle can black paint, ape hangers, a sissy bar & bannaseat and I was 8) 8) 8)

When I got my drivers lic. I put my "Can't leave it alone" compulsion to work on my cars. (The Scion xb in the pic for example)

I recently got inspired to build up a Rat bike. I picked this one up Cristmas Eve as a present to myself.

RATBIKE2.jpg

I look forward to talking to everyone. I'm very impessed with the knowledge base on this site which I hope to take full advantage of :D

WELCOME! Nice bike to start with. Never seen a bike rack like that. 8)

Thanks for trhe welcome!

That's a ROLA carrier. It's the best carrier I've ever owned. I got it from Etrailer.com

O.K. let's jump right in here. Where do I look on the bike to find it's birthdate? Would there be a code in the SE#?

really nice bike, good to see you hopping on this crazy ride!!

MERRY X-MAS! and Welcome ,, you should be able to find the date of your bike trough the seriel # locate and check the how to tread here , should help wat make is it dose it have a badge ? hope this helps :wink:

[quote="A.S.BOLTNUT"...it dose it have a badge ? hope this helps :wink:[/quote]

It does have the Badge - top says" Nonpareil Bicycle Works" on the bottom it says, " St. Louis USA" I can not find a SE# on the frame.

Just finished disassemble, It looks like the top of the fork is bent the part that goes into the head tube. (not sure of proper name) There was no lower bearing in the headtube and that would make sence. The bend is just a few degrees. Maybe I could adjust it back with a tourch, vices, mallet & 2"x4"???

deorman said:
Fe2 o3? Should we call you Rusty? :p :lol:

I was wondering how long it would take until some "Got" the humor in my Screen Name. :lol:

Frank

Back