mecca denied!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, how's everybody doing, my amf still isn't here, so I thought I would do a little hunting, went around town,nothing. Went down to La Tuna ( local bar/grill) they were having a vintage bike day, nothin even remotely cool, bunch of middle weights with chrome fenders. So I was back in the car and to my local outdoor flea market, walked around found a overpriced trike, an overpriced tandem, the dude wanted 500 a piece hahaha. Some cool 20 inchers though. Walked inside, signs said antique mall, so what the heck right, well boys and girls, hanging from the ceiling, pedal cars, strollers, and bikes. Two spaceliners, a couple of weird dutch townies, texas ranger, any many more, just hanging from the darn ceiling. Great shape, hardly any rust, got a sales guy asked about the texas ranger, was quoted 450. Ok um hows about the spaceliner? 450. I laughed in his face, then said... Hey man, whenver you get around to taking them down, and getting serious about selling those bikes let me know, then turned around and laughed. So now I am just going to wait him out.I will try to go back and grab some pics so you guys can get a chance to see them. peace

Hey middleweights are cool.. lol. So Sounds like alot of overpriced stuff. I don't bother haggling with high priced sellers. They tend to think that they have something very valuable.. I just look for the cheaper stuff.

FaceOFFbikes said:
Hey middleweights are cool.. lol. So Sounds like alot of overpriced stuff. I don't bother haggling with high priced sellers. They tend to think that they have something very valuable.. I just look for the cheaper stuff.

It's always from the seller who thinks "Nobody would ever want this bike" or "This bike is too far gone" where the real score is found. Of course, that also means taking the initiative and asking, just like benz did. I once found an old Roadmaster at a barn sale, not because it was being sold there-it wasn't. But the cashier who was hired on a temporary basis had one in the basement and I thought I'd ask.

ok, update to og post, got contacted by a buddy in austin, said he had a weird looking bike, turns out its a spaceliner, great condition, going to make a trip with a little cash, and I am not paying anywhere near 300-400, didn't even have to hit an atm. So ha, also,my good friend Dos(spanish for the number two, he is a junior) was visiting his mom in Uvalde Tx when he happened upon a road sale, saw some bikes and whipped his jeep around. The man selling wanted $20 for this, I am pretty stoked, A Royal Prince by Hercules
DSCN1510.jpg

Headbadge says made in Birmingham England
DSCN1514.jpg

mesinger seat
DSCN1517.jpg

cool pedals
DSCN1517.jpg

cool bars
DSCN1519.jpg

very unique forks, havent reall dug around, but has a chrome cap on both sides
DSCN1512.jpg

three piece shiny shiny crank
DSCN1511.jpg

and....a three speed hub from birmingham england
DSCN1516.jpg

just needs some tires and a chain, I am thinking a boardtracker????? who knows.enjoy, oh and any info would be appreciated, help!

Very cool. Check Sheldon Brown's site for vintage English stuff.

Ok, so I have been diggin around sheldon browns site and oldroads too lol, and the best I can come up with is that what I have is a late 40s-50s three speed english bike. This bike was made before raleigh amd amf took over the british bike companies and moved them from birminham to nttingham england. The Hub is not a sturmey archer, but a similar unit produced in house at hercules. So basically a three speed Royal Prince by Hercules. ha, not bad for twenty. still looking for info myself, but if you have ever seen something similar give me a shout.

Haven;t decided what I am going to do with this thing yet, I kinda like it. But I will measure it out for you and get back to you with all the info I can find. I do need some garage space though, arrgggghhh let me think for a bit.

There's an antique mall in Virginia Beach that has a few overpriced unimpressive bikes hangin up top... Must be a mall thing. ~Adam

yeah, tell me about it, this antique store my gal and I went to yesterday had a repoduction of a 50's columbia cruiser, wanted $2,000 for it, ouch. I guess some people see white wall tires and think jackpot!!!

Back