Mead "Danger" Ranger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I'm not NEW to RRB, but I lurk more than I post. I spend a lot of time on theCABE but I like artistic expression all the same.

Anyhow, my first build off frame arrived in the mail today fresh from Tennessee. THANKS TYLER!

It's well used for sure with a pretty good dent in the top tube at the factory bend and a crimpy seat stay.

The inspiration for this is kind of post-apocalyptic/mad max. We'll see where the build takes me if I even finish. Fortunately, I won't have to spend much time on paint work ;)

Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

looks like a good starting point, I always wonder how some of my frames got bent in weird spots though sometimes its obvious if a car ran over it but how does a seat stay get crimped on both sides in the same spot ?
I'll stay tuned to your build !
Mark

Floor session yielded no definite result last night.

But I dug through my stash of things I just couldn't throw away from my childhood. Remember when you were 10 and thought dummy grenades were the coolest? If not, maybe you'll get a mulligan and get to relive a better childhood next life ;)

by VW Sightings, on Flickr

Not sure what of this pile will find it's way into the build, but I'm thinking at LEAST one pineapple grenade is REQUIRED.

I'm 50+ and still think those dummy grenades are the coolest!!

Mad Max is always cool! Mell Gibson, well he's an anti Semitic jerk! But if you can get him to go off about R.R.B., you get my vote!
Call it the ANGER RANGER!
Cool bike, and theme.

But I dug through my stash of things I just couldn't throw away from my childhood. Remember when you were 10 and thought dummy grenades were the coolest? If not, maybe you'll get a mulligan and get to relive a better childhood next life ;)

Not sure what of this pile will find it's way into the build, but I'm thinking at LEAST one pineapple grenade is REQUIRED.

Absolutely, gotta have at least one pineapple grenade! (my BO entry from last year...)

DSCN0010 by sunliner500, on Flickr

Started thinking, I need a quick grab weapon to fend off the marauding hoards while this build takes place. This was hanging out in the garage, but not exactly what I was looking for.

So I took a piece of flat stock and began work on something a little more interesting.

I forgot to take a final photo, but I still have to cut out the grip hole and add some wood grips. More to come!

Latest posts

Back