Me and my Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my name is Mike, and I am a member of the USAF. I am stationed in Vegas right now. Here is a picture of my bike as of yet. It's been a lot of fun, and it's good to know that there are more Rod lovers out there. Kind of funny but my car is a rice burner. Oh well, here she is. I call her "Gasoline Dreams".

S5000849.jpg

S5000852.jpg

S5000854.jpg

WELCOME! Nice bike!..................This place is a SECRET, don't tell anyone.....SHHH. :wink:

Why thankyou, and don't worry...secret's safe ;)

Dude,just checked out your bikes KOTA. SICK!!!!!!!! Did you just start choppin' and meausuring, or did you go to some website? Thanks again.

fourustwentius said:

Dude,just checked out your bikes KOTA. SICK!!!!!!!! Did you just start choppin' and meausuring, or did you go to some website? Thanks again.

Thanks!....Measuring! What the heck is that? :lol:

OK, since you asked. This bike started out as a healthy protest against gas prices. I picked up a "Next La Jolla" (Wally World bike) from craigslist. Took it all apart, and sand blasted the frame. After thinking about it, and looking at the bare frame I decided to rod it. Gotta love Americana! So one night I laid out my pattern, center punched and then proceeded to drill roughly 200 holes in the frame for 1/8" rivets. Next I painted her flat black and popped the rivets. Put on a 26" bent springer fork from lovely lowrider.com as well as the fenders, front and rear brakes, and banana seat. After some more time of cruising I decided it was time for a change again. So wrapped the seat and grips in leopard, stripped a mountain bike of it's gears, and added a shimano 6oo friction shifter. Of course, none of the stuff "wanted" to go on the bike. So after some sheetmetal work here and there (cut and cleaned fender, and chain gaurd, fabbed braket for the deraileur, fabbed bracket for the headlight, fabbed bracket for the front brake caliper, and fabbed bracket for the fiction shifter) she was ready to go. Being that the frame is aluminum, I aint weldin on it. Now Im kinda dreaming about a cantilever frame I can stretch. Oh, yeah other cool stuff..The headlight has an LED car turn signal and a projector lense, and the tail light (not pictured) has two LED's. One LED stays on with the lights and one lights up when I hit the brakes. That's what that little switch in the frame is. Well, long answer, but a lot of fun!

KOTA said:
fourustwentius said:

Thanks!....Measuring! What the heck is that? :lol:

I'd like to learn how to chop and stretch frames. Any resources?

Well, thank you for supporting the troops.

Now, as far as the brake light goes, I'll have to get some pics up, and probably a write up too. I'll get to that but tonight I have to run a lot of cables and wires inside the frame.

The bike has a great look! I really like the rivet choice. I think it's the first I've seen an idea like this.
As far as chopping and stuff goes, we got some talented and very helpful guys and gals on http://www.freakbikenation.com
You're also welcome to join in on the build off with this bike or another.
Just so you know, my wife and I run the FreakBike Nation board with the help of many other Freaks (many of whom have a dual citizenship in FreakBike Nation and RatRod Bike). RatRodBikes is imbedded deep into my heart and is one of my favorite boards. The guys here are great and they make you feel like a family member! I'm sure you'll enjoy your experience here and I'm looking forward to seeing your future builds!
Chainy

Thanks Chainsaw. I am itching to do a complete frame, but I have to get a welder first. Thanks again, it's tons of fun.

Back