(MBBO Class2) "Texas Muscle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update!
Started cutting and welding. Rolled a bit of tube but went a bit subtle on the radius this time. Spent my afternoon looking at board trackers and got inspired to do some crossover to see how it works out and whipped up some quick sketches and here's a peek at what i've accomplished so far. Got the front half of the frame tacked up and ready to fit the head tube. and got to work re angling the donor rear triangle. The bottom of the frame will be somewhat "deep" in resemblance of a board tracker but with my own twist to it as you can see there are no bends but only angled cuts.

And the triangle, still needs some fitting and shaping but here it is

And lastly my wheels. The Schwinn Supreme Cruiser front wheel a 26x1.25 and the Mongoose Beast 26x4. plans are to run a BOA-G out back. Anyone ever inflate a BOA on a 26x1.25" wheel? Thinking about running one up front too... What width did you come up with?

Full speed ahead!
Dove right in today in hopes of getting it into a roller. After a few scale drawings and taking into consideration that the tire size would change, made some adjustments and here is where i am at.
did a lot of positioning and chose to not make the bike low slung and so its not going to take on the board tracker/drag bike look but now something more along the lines of a bobber motorcycle. still have to add a few things but here are some pictures of the frame and the bike mocked up as a roller.
Front part of the frame is all 1.5"od tubing

Just keep in mind that once i have the correct size tires the rake will go away. It stands 4ft tall to the bar ends so its pretty massive lol. have to come up with a way to mount the seat as well. Next thing will be to prepare the mounts for the bottom bracket until i get tires and then fabrication will continue...

Stuck a beast tire on the front wheel to check proportion and looks awesome. awesome enough to just go with these tires, but the tire inflated doesnt fit between the fork and so now i reach my dilemma... Finding a tire that fits... or fabricating a front end. And also now i think it might sit a bit too high for my liking. About 4" too high lol. So what to do now... Chop and drop??

I like the highboy look, you don't see it all the time. Hey, you weld, cut a scoop out of the tubes where the tire rubs, flip it over and weld it back in. Just has to clear the rubber...

Carl. :android:

MO FATTA MO BETTA!

Got the wide BB from the Stingray chopper ready. The frame had more dents than a few so i had no problem cutting it apart to get this out. After i cleaned it off i sleeved it rather than plugging the holes on it, but here it is so far.

After

And slotted the top hole on the rear dropout for a quick mock up. wanted to get an idea of the ride height so i stuck the stingray 24 on it. ill have to move the front dropouts up on the fork for the 26 after i get the tire to get this same stance. leaned the wheel up against it to get an idea of proportion.

Trying to decide on color now. Im a sucker for Red Oxide primer. So either Red Oxide/Black or all black and creme tires....

just catchin up with this build and reading past posts was gonna say slam that big boy down and good to see you have gone that way,as i like the low/slammed look,lookin real nice

just catchin up with this build and reading past posts was gonna say slam that big boy down and good to see you have gone that way,as i like the low/slammed look,lookin real nice

Thanks for the kind words to you and everyone else! im glad its turning out as good as it is. always nervous to see how they turn out during the build as they never come out how they look on paper

Rubber is in! For budget purposes I decided to try out a set of Kenda Flames for the build. With the holidays coming it seemed like the smart thing to do in order to keep the build going. First time i got a set of tires shipped folded into a pretzel but here they are and i cant wait to get the build going this week! Other things on the list to purchase are Grips, pedals, chain, paint, seat possibly. Color scheme is still up in the air....

Latest posts

Back