(MBBO Class 2) "Mad Maxine" NOW SOLD TO A NEW RRB MEMBER!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! What's the chair for? Sissy bar? Looks like the back would make a nice one.
LOOK AGAIN BRO. The back legs wrap around and would be an awesome set of pull back handlebars! I call dibs...

Carl.

You are all wrong, but on the right track!
Going to be using most of this chair for the rear wheel stays...

Best bit is, we have 3 more of these chairs! Just have to convince the wife to let me have them... :39: (this one has broken welds)

Luke.

LOOK AGAIN BRO. The back legs wrap around and would be an awesome set of pull back handlebars! I call dibs...

Carl.
I spy 2 handlbars + the start of 2 sissybars or dragbars...:crazy::grin:

Carl.
And take another look again! The front legs could be wheelie bars. Use the whole dang chair!

Come on Luke quit holding back with the pictures , Whats going on with your bike ?
Sorry guys and gals, no progress to report yet, things will improve after Thursday hopefully...

Luke.

We'll wait, but please throu us a bone please !!
Very soon I hope!

Sorry, life and health has gotten in the way a bit, things appear to be settling down now! This may be my last build-off for a while though, contemplating a classic car project...

I managed to talk Heidi into letting me have another chair, so I have the rear stays and most likely the sissy bar sorted with them, once that is done it is a pretty simple build...

Luke.

Well, I hear you bro, I'm in a similar spot here, wish I had the time to do all the projects I have on hold...
Good news about the car, any candidates?

Good news about the car, any candidates?
I have a lead on 2 of these:

15606398187_84d9128b32_z.jpg

1967 HR Holden Ute. Obviously not in that nice condition though, but maybe when I am done it would be.
Would make a great bike hauler...

Luke.

Some small progress!

Started by chopping up some chairs, these will end up as the upper and lower rear wheel stays:

15606479249_d2275576f2_z.jpg

Donor for the bottom bracket:

15790427471_7cc181326f_z.jpg

Chopped the frame up a bit and placed it roughly in place so you can see how the chain stays will work:

15172866483_8a06e37008_z.jpg

That is it for today...

Looks like I need to clean my camera lens or my hands are shaking too much for taking photos! :39:

Luke.

1967 HR Holden Ute. Obviously not in that nice condition though, but maybe when I am done it would be.

Luke.
that is cool! what engine does it have? and how are you planning on shipping it to me?

that is cool! what engine does it have? and how are you planning on shipping it to me?
Either 161 or 186 cubic inch straight six "Red" motor, 108-145 hp, and shipping a car from here to there??? Ouch! $$$

Luke.

Luke.
I remember those when I visited Perth. I also like the wagon version, like a small panel truck.

Luke.
I was going to say a Holden but didn't want to come off sounding a bit clique,but parts wise I guess would be beneficial,what's the price like over there? NZ is getting a bit extortional now

Luke.
Are they based off a Chevrolet or ford ? Or are they their own make I have seen few of these cars and read about them a little bit and thought they was cool looking cars but don't remember much about them is it a straight six you can't hardly tear up a straight six I've had real good luck from them anyway hope you can get it!

Back