(MBBO-CLASS-2) GOOD VIBRATIONS - Happy New Year ratters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress.
Wooden box for the rear.
DSCN2572.JPG
Just needs the protective varnish on...
DSCN2583.JPG
primed the rims
DSCN2573.JPG

Placed the bearings etc. Had to cut the old freewheel off...
DSCN2576.JPG
Sprayed and finally mixed the right color I wanted...Not sure if I want to flake the frame,will decide soon.
DSCN2588.JPG
Sanded the frame
DSCN2577.JPG
I also changed the rear drop outs.The ones on the bike were flimsy,so I added thicker ones.. I welded these on,so I guess I am moving into Class 2.
DSCN2587.JPG

Diggin those pedal blocks.

Don't you hate redoing things over. Had just finished the second coat on rims/forks. left them out to dry... Big south storm,came in and blew the drying rack over... Marked the rims etc. Broke the wooden seat. Dropped the whole tin of paint on the floor(managed to get most back in the pot). Just one of those days:headbang::banghead:
1329414634_dog_slap.gif

But I did finish the rear fender,made the bracket for the rear rack.
All that is left:
1- Skimboard
2- Front fender(???)
3- Board rack
4- Extend rear brakes
5- Paint n Varnish

I have to finish in a week, as the boys are leaving.
And need a vid of it being rideable...(my bikes are all rideable,whats the use of building one if it isnt):grin:

No drying anything at the moment... Not even clothes...
Between rain and the humidity,I'm at a stand still. Painted first coat,and it shriveled and took 3 days to dry even with the rain...

Updates from the past,been a bit lazy on posting and checking in...
I cut part of a rear end to make a bracket for the rear rack.The rack was originally on a 28" bike.
DSCN2591.JPG
Made it more stronger.
DSCN2597.JPG
The frame with the primer and setting the rear fender in.Not to mention the seat that snapped in half from the wind.
DSCN2595.JPG

As you can see I need to extend the brake arms,by a few cms...Will weld or bolt on ????

I have painted the frame a few times now.We have had no sun,or heat for 2 weeks,with so much humidity.Every time I paint and leave it to dry it starts to rain...
Lucky I decided to paint it with just a brush,Yep no spraying... I have 4 spray machines,but decide to try it by hand.
Take note of all the mud.
DSCN2611.JPG
I wanted to see if it could be done,as I know some kids dont have machines and can't afford to pay to have it sprayed. So not bad, I used a metal car paint called Ducco(cheap)
DSCN2612.JPG

Also painted this headlight to match...
DSCN2613.JPG
Ist coat.
DSCN2614.JPG

I am deciding to flake or not to flak????? ...
I think the color pops just the way it is...
What do you think guys?

Updates from the past,been a bit lazy on posting and checking in...
I cut part of a rear end to make a bracket for the rear rack.The rack was originally on a 28" bike.View attachment 7677 Made it more stronger.View attachment 7679 The frame with the primer and setting the rear fender in.Not to mention the seat that snapped in half from the wind.View attachment 7678
As you can see I need to extend the brake arms,by a few cms...Will weld or bolt on ????

I have painted the frame a few times now.We have had no sun,or heat for 2 weeks,with so much humidity.Every time I paint and leave it to dry it starts to rain...
Lucky I decided to paint it with just a brush,Yep no spraying... I have 4 spray machines,but decide to try it by hand.
Take note of all the mud.
View attachment 7680I wanted to see if it could be done,as I know some kids dont have machines and can't afford to pay to have it sprayed. So not bad, I used a metal car paint called Ducco(cheap)View attachment 7681
Also painted this headlight to match...View attachment 7682 Ist coat.View attachment 7683
I am deciding to flake or not to flak????? ...
I think the color pops just the way it is...
What do you think guys?
I remember using some blue house paint on road bike frame when I was a young teen in the 80's I got so transfixed doing the brush strokes,came out cool as,how about doing some small artwork/relief around the frame joints?

Oh man, I hate to see that seat snapped in half. I'm thinking that it's a tricky situation where you were using one block of wood as opposed to those molded together. If you're drilling holes and screwing bolts in it, it may crack along the lines/grain of the wood...I'm guessing as I'm no wood expert,hehehe. Are you going to make another one? It really matches your theme. :)

[:)[/QUOTE]
Oh man, I hate to see that seat snapped in half. I'm thinking that it's a tricky situation where you were using one block of wood as opposed to those molded together. If you're drilling holes and screwing bolts in it, it may crack along the lines/grain of the wood...I'm guessing as I'm no wood expert,hehehe. Are you going to make another one? It really matches your theme. :)
It snapped as it was knocked over by the wind,and the drying rack fell on it...I glued it back together for now...If I have time,I will whip up a new one.

Today the sun came out...:grin:
So managed to varnish the frame.:grin:
Put the bike together :grin:(rolling chassis)
Sanded and painted the skimboard:grin:
Made a front fender and then snapped it:cry:

No pics,I just hammered on n forgot,besides only have 2 days of good weather before it rains again.Will get pics tomorrow.:happy:

So just have to varnish the wood.
Make the board rack
Extend the brakes
And a chain:rolleyes::oops:
Grease,mount,and tighten it all up:D

Keep plugging away Miss Funk!

Have been bust trying to get work finished before chrissy...
So far the bike is rolling,rode it around yesterday.Comfy ride...
Only 1 problem,bikes to short or my legs are to long:21:;)
20" bikes are way to small.But I built it to flip it. Have a surf kid in mind...
DSCN2617.JPG
DSCN2622.JPG
DSCN2615.JPG

Last few things to do.
Brakes
Number plate
Board rack.
photos

Back