(MBBO #4 Class 2) Mustang Phatty -(FINAL MOCK UP PHOTOS)-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, Wildcat, you're a wealth of information!!! I had no idea it was a Rollfast. Now I want to change the name of the bike. Can I do that?!?!?! And, because it's a Rollfast Mustang I'm hesitant to chop it up now... :39:

It's looking good!

Well, it's actually a Hawthorne, made by Snyder who also made Rollfast. mine was a gold Mustang frame before I painted it black, but my back hurt riding it because of the length. I sold it to someone here, can't remember who.
There are more than a few of them, and you can always weld it back if it's worth a million somehow.

It's looking good!

Well, it's actually a Hawthorne, made by Snyder who also made Rollfast. mine was a gold Mustang frame before I painted it black, but my back hurt riding it because of the length. I sold it to someone here, can't remember who.
There are more than a few of them, and you can always weld it back if it's worth a million somehow.

Ok, well, I googled "Rollfast Mustang" and found quite a few pics of bikes with the same frame. Snyder, huh? I've never heard of them... I think I'll stick with my stolen Mustang name though. Now I've got to research Snyder. Once again, thanks for the info... :thumbsup:

I spent a few hours tonight cutting and mocking up the frame.

sQAEEDn.jpg

I was worried about making the Schwinn fit the same anchor points on the Hawthorn. I found that with the seat post cut out the Schwinn will compress easily to match where I want it to go.

3ln8GIr.jpg

I think I can bend the top tube and make it go over the two top tubes of the Hawthorn. I trying really hard to make this rear end look like it was supposed to be there.

NabX4BJ.jpg

I wont have to grind much on the cups, just enough to get a good weld.
p3nIpZK.jpg

I want to give a shout out to all the builders playing and those just watching and being positive. This is fun!!!

Looks like you are well on your way! Always good when the plan works first time!

I want to give a shout out to all the builders playing and those just watching and being positive. This is fun!!!
:thumbsup:

Luke.

I woke up this morning after a dream that I had lost my face, my skull was showing... weird! I also woke up with a solution that will work GREAT for the seat stays. I will cut the stay off of the Schwinn rear end. I have enough tube left of the Hawthorn to continue the double stays back... easy peasy! It will look like it was supposed to be there. Ha! :cool2:

I took a route home after a service call that I don't normally take. Lookie what I found, just 14 blocks from my house. The chopper gods are being good to me!

hBtufsv.jpg

I had this other West Coast fork I saved from scrap. It was missing parts and the tubes have a couple bad dents. I'm going to put the Schwinn fork on the WC and try to sell it. I can slam the WC fork down and either run the 24x3 or go with the WC 20x3.

GQQAf11.jpg

Latest posts

Back