(MBBO #4 Class 1) "Shelby Flyer Woody"..Holiday Greetings from OddJob..pg 10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, as the season is changing here in the northland, so are my configurations on the SF Woody. After riding the bike a fair distance over the past couple of windy days, I can safely say that a windshield on a bicycle provides NO aerodynamic advantage at 10-15 mph! In fact, it is a detriment to one's forward motion.

Hence, the windshield is no more. And, upon the advice of a royal ichthus and a beer-named Shakesperean on this site; I have gone with a single decal, one on each side of the "tank window" glass. They are not matching, but do consume the same amount of real estate, so they match up quite well I think.

And....I had been thinking all along about a license plate for the rear. Why not a decal on the "rear window" instead..?!

All the stickers received a rat-isfying fade job in the Back Forty before application to the plexi-glass panels. I wish I had a really good camera, they match the patina of the bike quite well.

The stickers look like they belong.

I was wondering how the flat wind shield would fair on those apes. A little curve in it might reduce the drag. Might also focus a ray of sunlight and try to burn you.

Looking good :)

Building... riding...

Nice decisions.
Hey wait, what did you just call me?

Well, it will be Spring before the building gets started, but the dreaming is underway here at "Back Forty Bikes". Did a little playing with "Paint" this morning. The decal is on a cheap sheet, I would have them printed professionally on real decal paper. The lettering is clear, so whatever surface the decal would be pasted on would show through the lettering. Here it is on a non-stained piece of my oak veneer paneling....

Hey all! The Shelby Flyer Woody is officially finished! Check out the Finished Bikes thread in MBBO for the latest pics from our photo shoot today....

Here is a compilation video of the Shelby Flyer Woody build from start to finish. My son Kyle on drum kit and his guitar playing buddy Charlie on an original composition entitled "I Don't Listen to John Mayer"....couple of funky 20 yr olds jamming a few years back.

Last edited:
Hey look at that,both stickers.
Yeah, should be able to see both in a couple of other shots as well, just not as close up in detail. I am liking this pic more and more....I do have some shots of some of the detail that I will be posting later on. Gotta stretch these posts out another two months so you guys don't forget about me before this MBBO is OTD...:whistle:

Did a little cropping of the "Lighthouse" pic. I like how you can see the rear rack flow into the rear fender in this one. Not so crazy about the blue barrier posts in the background though....

Great work a other very creative build. Love you work . I can see this bike on the beach for sure . All you need now is a surf board rack . [emoji106]
Also another cool video .
I think is great how you put your own spin on your builds
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great work a other very creative build. Love you work . I can see this bike on the beach for sure . All you need now is a surf board rack . [emoji106]
Also another cool video .
I think is great how you put your own spin on your builds
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks G! I look forward to watching yours move on to the finish-ed line!

Latest posts

Back