(MBBO#05 Class 2) J.C. Draggins..... Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some half inch tubes as a truss could look evil tough... Maybe even square to bring out that 70's chopper vibe.. the sell all sorts of fence bars that have great details for really cheap
Also look at those Columbia play bike bars for inspiration how to finish top plate

I'll, put some bracing in between the tubes, not sure how decorative tho. The headlights will cover them.

On a different note.
When I stopped by @Smoopy's shop, I saw the seat he did last year and I liked it.
Thought I'd try something like it.
7a40cfd397e56282b1e27d17e51fd4d7.jpg

Just gotta hope this pan isn't to far gone to weld on.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Nice work on the seat so far!
How does the seating position feel?

Luke.
On the lower end, the back should be angled back just a little more.
The high seat is just about perfect for ride height and pedal placement, but it makes me wonder if sitting there will make me wheelie constantly.

All in all though, it should be ok. But I don't want to commit to this seat until the bike is finished. It could end up not looking right after paint and whatnot.

Falstaffian, you have created a very interesting bird here. With all of your add ons, changes, and custom touches....it all works together for me!

I am still digging this as a 'rat muscle bike', however, I don't think that 'shiny' will deter from it's attraction. If you can, go minimalist on the padding on the seat, the stepped look of it right now fits the build and too overstuffed might look too chunky. This whole thing is long and lean!

Dude, if you can't tell, I really like this bike. Well done so far....and...RaT oN!

The high seat is just about perfect for ride height and pedal placement, but it makes me wonder if sitting there will make me wheelie constantly.

I always thought that might be cool way to do the king/queen seat on a bicycle. You got a cool look going.

scotleycrue replied to your question about the Top Fuel fork bike. So is that what yours is like to ride?:43:

The "LongShot" is nearly impossible to ride. The fork angle(s) vs. the angle of the headtube make it feel like it has a "hinge" that when you turn the bars it wants to buck you off the bike. You can ride it but, it's just not practical. However? It looks cool as heck! LOL Form over function........

Falstaffian, you have created a very interesting bird here. With all of your add ons, changes, and custom touches....it all works together for me!

I am still digging this as a 'rat muscle bike', however, I don't think that 'shiny' will deter from it's attraction. If you can, go minimalist on the padding on the seat, the stepped look of it right now fits the build and too overstuffed might look too chunky. This whole thing is long and lean!

Dude, if you can't tell, I really like this bike. Well done so far....and...RaT oN!
Thanks.
I think I'm getting better at this bike building thing as I go... so far every bike has been better than the one before, remember the wagon wheels?:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought that might be cool way to do the king/queen seat on a bicycle. You got a cool look going.

scotleycrue replied to your question about the Top Fuel fork bike. So is that what yours is like to ride?:43:
I had been wanting to do a king/queen seat for a while, then I saw Smoopy's and decided I had to. Maybe one day I'll see how it looks over an OCC tire.

And yes, it's exactly as scotley said. It's basically a big honking hinge, as soon as I try to put both feet on the pedals it wants to dive to the left.
The spring I put on there gets rid of almost all of that, so I can actually ride it.

I just hope I can get it finished before the deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back