(MBBO#04 Class 1) "Fury"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...... If I want to air up the tire without removing the discs, I'll have to cut an access hole in each one. The discs can be mounted with velcro for easy removal, then they can be solid all the way, but I'll have to take the wheel off to air it up. I'm thinking a circular hole won't look too bad on the discs.

What about a 90 degree valve extender and just poke the extension out to one side and maybe put it in the same color as the disc so it is not as noticeable but serviceable at the same time. Just my 2c worth!!

That's definitely some food for thought. My old huffy warp factor has an opening to the valve,and my green machine has a slide to close the opening.
Maybe before you cut holes to air them up you can use round stickers to see if the hole to the valve is what you want or not.

What about a 90 degree valve extender and just poke the extension out to one side and maybe put it in the same color as the disc so it is not as noticeable but serviceable at the same time. Just my 2c worth!!

I've never seen one of those, but I'll ask around at the auto parts store.

I can't trust anything to be shipped here to the Philippines. I've got to find everything here.
You might be able to find it at the parts store, or if you have a local place that deals with bigger vehicles or old military trucks. Any place like that should be able to help you out.

As far as truck extension valves you can get like a 8" hose for it if that helps and put wherever you want. Probably get longer or shorter or screw them together whatever you want to do.

I have yet to work on the discs or valve stems, I've had a lot of school work, but I did get a pair of rusty apes and a stem. I swiped them from my sidecar bike and put the bmx style bars on the sidecar. That bike hardly gets used anymore with all the traffic here, collecting stuff as it's sits, but a younger member of my extended family wants to make it a rolling vegetable stand and make some extra money, so that's where it's heading.

Fury%20002%20-%20Copy_zpseme0hd8i.jpg

Fury%20001%20-%20Copy_zpsaozlfbbj.jpg

I need to go over the whole bike with a wire wheel, or with the cost of labor here, get a shop to take everything down to bare metal. I don't think there should be any chrome on a post-apocalyptic bike, not even the sissy bar or pipes. I've got the banana seat and sissy bar around here somewhere. I still need to get a brake pedal off a small motorcycle for my rear brake, and make a bracket and brake pad for it. Then get a headset that will work, it looks like a funny size.

Good luck with the headset, I have a frame with an odd size. Been looking for a long time,atleast I'm not on a deadline for that one.

Good luck with the headset, I have a frame with an odd size. Been looking for a long time,atleast I'm not on a deadline for that one.
I'm hoping it's common here so the shop will have some good sets.

A cool detail for a bare metal bike with wheel discs could be a splash of color on the inside of the disc, visible through the valve opening, dark red or military green... like it was protected from the apocalyptic sand storms that stripped all the paint from the frame and disc exteriors. Hope you can find your headset.

Carl.

W:13:W!!!
Yeah that'll be cool. Shelve the other idea, anybody can do shiny...

Carl.

I couldn't find the sissy bar, but I did find some stuff to use, and since finals are mostly done with a break coming up, I can spend some real time working on the bike. A chain case from the girlfriend's bike (she knows about it) and a dropstand that may work on the front wheel like a cycle truck, only it will face forward when up. That might take some fabrication.
I made up a work list and plan to make it all happen. Usually I only only make half of it work, but I'm confident I can make all this happen. The biggest challenge will be getting a good patina look to the paint.

fury%20001_zpscvsqwbdr.jpg

fury%20002_zpsdrao0xwd.jpg

Still haven't found anything to make discs out of, but I made a trip to the bike shop and picked up a new sissy bar, only one they had. Also a 20 x 2.125 very tall square tire. I hope it fits. I'll go back for another one if it does. And a 44 tooth crankset, cottered of course, I hope it isn't too big for the chain case. The new headset looks like the right one, it's for an older bike they said. I also got a couple of plastic fenders that might look good the same color as the bike will be. The chrome chain will be swapped out for an old one from another bike. That'll all have to wait until later, I had a big lunch at home and it's time for a nap.

Lechon%20ampalaya%20008%20-%20Copy_zpsi4ihju5b.jpg

Lechon%20ampalaya%20002%20-%20Copy_zpsti4fcaib.jpg

Still haven't found anything to make discs out of, but I made a trip to the bike shop and picked up a new sissy bar, only one they had. Also a 20 x 2.125 very tall square tire. I hope it fits. I'll go back for another one if it does. And a 44 tooth crankset, cottered of course, I hope it isn't too big for the chain case. The new headset looks like the right one, it's for an older bike they said. I also got a couple of plastic fenders that might look good the same color as the bike will be. The chrome chain will be swapped out for an old one from another bike. That'll all have to wait until later, I had a big lunch at home and it's time for a nap.

Lechon%20ampalaya%20008%20-%20Copy_zpsi4ihju5b.jpg

Lechon%20ampalaya%20002%20-%20Copy_zpsti4fcaib.jpg
Looks like you've got a full plate....lunch looks good too!

Back