May 12 So Cal Rat Rod Ride- New Meeting Place!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks! The May 12 ride will mark 1/4 of a year that we've been meeting. I'd say we are well on our way to becoming a part of Southern California history. So come on out! Tell your friends! Drag someone along kicking and screaming! Bribe them with drugs, or bootleg DVD's. They'll thank you for it later! You'll be able to tell your grandchildren that you were there on the early So Cal Rat Rod Rides before they got all crowded out with celebrities, rock stars, billionaires, and politicians. :roll: All goofin' aside, I'm really looking forward to this ride. We've had a great bunch of folks come out, and we've had a good time at the first couple of rides. Let's keep doin' it. 8)
As I mentioned at the end of the April ride thread, Huntington Pier is a well known location, but $15.00 to park is just ridiculous. Plus, it leaves us at the mercy of the wind.
So let's try a new meet up point:

Saturday, May 12. ATLANTA ave at BROOKHURST street, HUNTINGTON BEACH.
meet up around 11:00am. ride leaves around noon

(see map)
This is the spot where Mary and I always park when we come down to do the Huntington/Newport beach path ride. It will be a little more convenient for those coming by freeway, too. Atlanta avenue dead ends at the Santa Ana River Trail just a few hundred feet east of Brookhurst. There are a dozen or more free parking places on the dead end, and some of the neighborhood streets are also cool.
Put Atlanta ave and Brookhurst st Huntington Beach in Google maps, go to satellite view, and you'll see.
This starts us out just a few minutes up the river trail from the beach at Santa Ana River Jetties. There we are just about midway between Huntington pier, and Balboa pier, so we have a little better flexibility on choosing the route as well. Looking forward to seeing you all.

JWM

brkhstatlanta.jpg

Got my vacation day approved, I'll be back again with the Hawthorne. Transporting my Pee-wee replica was too nerve-wracking to do it again, lol

No worries, Kahuna- we'll be doing this every second Saturday for the foreseeable future. I'm bumping the thread for the benefit of those folks I met at today's Cyclone Coaster ride. Look forward to seeing you at Saturday's cruise.
And- for those who come out this next Saturday, I'd like to take some time to discuss future plans for the So Cal Rat Rod Ride. Let's kick some ideas around, and see where we'd like to go, and what we'd like to do with this event.

JWM

My bikes shown up but are a part getting worked on, will have to see on the next one if they are done by then.

So with that said I will be @ the Dana Point Harbor doing an under water clean up this morning, enjoy.

Had a awesome time with everyone! the drive was worth it. Cant wait till next month. Ruddigger you take some awesome pictures. Thanks everyone for the great hospitality.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Every time we do this I am reminded That the greatest treasures we have are the simplest- A beautiful day, a great crowd of bike nuts, and the coolest bikes on the strand to boot. If it gets better than this I don't know how.
I got only three pictures that were worth posting, and this first one took some photoshop work. Try ten miles or so on this dragon! Hard core prize here:

DSCF0552%2520copy.jpg

And see? we rode around the world:
DSCF0561.JPG

But above all, ya' gotta' love th' dawg!
DSCF0557.JPG

There were a couple others of some scrawny, mangey lookin' old guy on that chopper, but if I posted them it'd probably scare off any potential new riders. :roll:
Look forward to seein' y'all next month!

JWM

Back