mattyfu from Edmonton Alberta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahoy! I'm mattyfu, I've recently caught the rat rod bug. My current bike is a BRC Beachcomber, the same bike that chain gang lowrider sells the NOS chainguard for. I traded a couple road bikes for it that I picked up at value village for $30 (and had sold a part from one for $40 on fleabay) so technically I got it for -$10. I love it. It's totally stock right now except the pedals as far as I know oh and I added the rear rack. I picked up a really cool looking dyno light (attached to a roadbike again at value village) that I painted the plastic casing a matching red but I haven't got a picture of that yet. I have some fenders kicking around I'll probably throw on, I'd eventually like to make some wood fenders but I have way to many projects at the moment to do that.
mybike.JPG

I work a job with a weird schedule so I have time off during the day when nobodies really around to go thrift shopping where I pick up vintage audio gear that I refurbish both for myself and to sell. Letting them go is the hardest part. Right now I live in a house with a garage by myself but my girlfriend is moving in at the start of next month so I'll probably have to clear out some speaker sets as well as some bikes to make room for her to park/live :lol:

Thanks for the welcomes! Here's how my bike looks today. I added and painted the light and front fender and am amazed at how close they are to the actual bike color, it was a rattle can of emergency red that I borrowed from my work but when it was painted over black it was pretty darn close to a match. I picked the seat up at Canadian Tire, it's "Everyday" brand and I find it pretty comfortable so far but haven't gone on a long ride yet. I got three different colors of the dice at a local thrift store they had a whole bunch of them for 50cents each, they're actually supposed to be shower sponge things. I guess if I ever fall going off sweet jumps or anything I'll have something handy to wipe up with :lol:
IMG_0449sm.JPG

Back