Matching "His and Hers" same brand / model bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Collecting nice old all original bikes can be a chore and a challenge...but, many of us, I'm sure, need that perfect match in Brands / Models and years for our collection.
I have way too many bikes, so the better half says....lol.
So, I have decided that the need to keep her enthused with my passion ( or addiction ), I would start to collect matching sets. "Brother / Sisters" bikes that we could be excited about riding tandem on the boardwalk here in Va. beach.
I mean, why should I get all the attention from the "finger pointer" admirers. Why not give her the feeling of being a specialized collector too.
The challenge to find the exact year, exact brand / model, or even down to the matching accessories, is a lot harder than I expected. but, it is rewarding to find a match. And my quest to find a match to the specific gender bike is exciting. She too, seems to appreciate my new calling....I think:dance2:

Here are two matching sets I have managed to find to date.

1st....a matching set of 1965 Murray Astroflites
attachment.php

2nd...a matching set of 1948 Columbia 5 Star Superbs....still working on the matching men's headlight....look at that enthusiasum:rofl:
attachment.php

I have a pair of early 50's Monark Super Deluxes. The girls bike was restored specifically as a match for the boys bike so that my wife could ride with me.

FirstDate.jpg

Now my son and daughter ride them. True "Brother / Sister" bikes!:)
100_4735_zpsc8213a14.jpg

I love the Enthusiastic look on your son ...Teen agers huh ,lol
Great Pair of Bikes !

~RafaeL~

1965 pair of Varsity, not cleaned yet, but very nice condition. Coppertone color.
actually one is December '64, the other February '65.

Not long after that picture was made with the Monarks, I flipped the bars back over. I had flipped them for the 'ratrod look' as you said jd56, but as jamesdart pointed out, it was not practical when you actually rode them.
Rafael, I think the look was more of a teenage self conscious reaction to Dad making them ride past the camera. :blush:When I'm not taking pictures, they both actually enjoy riding with me on the cruisers!

By the way jd, I love the matching Columbia bikes! It's very cool having the same color and the same year! Good luck on finding the correct fender light.:)

When I sold bicycles aloyt of times I was able to sell couples matching pairs, weird not more pairs stay together!
Nice bikes to all posters.

Latest posts

Back