man what a night.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll keep this a short story. :lol: :lol:
missed breakfast and lunch but slaved over a huge pot of chili all day.
5:49 get an email about an old schwinn and old trike at an auction very close by.(have no idea who sent it)
5:55 pick up a blue rasberry slush (i'm addicted)
6:00 arrive at the auction just in time (or so i thought)
6:01 realize i'm surround by the worst smell of b.o. i've ever smelt.(i'm a very tolerant person, but this was excessively foul!)
6:01.25 realize the couches have a mean case of mildew (and just wreak)
6:05 mean case of gut rot (slush was a bad idea-stays with me all night )
still craving the chili i left simmering on the stove.
6:12 watch a 300+ guy try to sit on a very delicate, very old, very nice cherry plant stand.
6:12.30 as it crumbles beneath him and the top is left sitting on a 40* angle, he moves to the other side of the room. (he wreaked, good riddens!)
6:30 ready to pack it in.
7:00 ready for chili just starving and gut rot to boot.
7:30 trike sells for $200, ready to call it a night.
8:00 ready to go home and puke.
8:30 ready to pack it in
9:00 still trying to prevent my self from vomiting from the odour's
10:00 thinking to myself, that chili is gonna be a mess if i haven't already burnt down my house. i should head home.
10:30, enough is enough i'm leaving.
10:45, time to go, i got what i came for. :lol: :lol: :lol:
it was a horrible night, the hunger,gut rot,b.o. and mildew. the chili will probably take me a day to clean up.lol
however i did get myself a new toy. i believe its all original.

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4820-1.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4817-1.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4809-1.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

seat and schwinn westwind tires are in nice shape. so are the red/white pedals.
overall the bike itself has most of its paint with some surface rust, dents and scratches.
the trim grip grips are alittle dirty, but i think the entire bike will clean up nice.

yup, def. worth the trip. i'm just alittle burned i didn't get chili.
c'est la vie!

anybody got info on the thunderjet? a google search didn't amount to much.

thx

Seat,tires and wheels are Schwinn, the rest is not. Thunderjet is probably some Murray or Roadmaster variant

Crazy story story by the way. We have an auction house like that.

edit, i think you are correct sir, gonna take off the tank and get to the bottom of it. :) :)
yep rims and tires booth say schwinn tubular. i was pretty sure it wasn't a schwinn cause none of the drop outs were welded, but everything matched so well. the stenciling isn't that of schwinn quality either (looks like it was masked/cut by hand.)
not disapointed though, i really dig it.

i think my girl has her eye on it. :)

right under the thunderjet, i think i can make out the word's chain bike corp. new york.

does that sound correct?

Now, where have I seen this before?
IMG_4817-1.jpg

kinda looks like.....
walle.jpg

:lol: :lol: :wink:
Just kidding man, nice score!At least you didn't have a hurricane to deal with like on our Saturday ride.
And I dont get the deal with trikes, they're priced stupidly high here also. I've been wanting to choppify one for quite some time now, can't find a cheap donor though.
Rick

the chili kinda looked like week old road kill. :) and i guess i'm not as brave as i thought (went right to the trash)

man i got a wally bike! woo hoo!
yeah the trike had 300 old people fighting over it. i think they all had visions of cruising for groceries!
a new norco trikes about $700 (and thats the cheapest i've seen here in town) i figured it would go for alot. didn't expect it to reach $200. it was a free spirit of all bikes (sears right?) real nice condition though.

Chain bike had the Ross name as well as Thunder Jet, Star Jet, and a couple others. These are my mid 60's Thunder (mens) and Star (Ladies) Jets. ~Adam
SUNP0002-1.jpg
CoastKingStarliner.jpg

i dont puke easy at all but that would have gotten me close oh the humanity !! sweet score i likey

man, i know how nights like that are. as for the bike, that is a very cool cruiser. id ride it as is, but it can make a nice project bike, too. never heard of Chain bike co, but you learn something new everyday around here.

i had to look up twitter to see what it was. :? guess i'm alittle behind the times. :)

nice jets, i'd like to get a front rack for this bike. i washed/lubed the bike and the girl and i rode it and my x-53 to the bbq wagon down the street. got alot of compliments and a couple leads on a few old bikes. she really liked it, but she's not the most comfortable on a bike. since its such a different type of ride to her walmart cruiser, she was alittle unsure.
last night she asked me. "are we gonna paint my bike?"
i think with all the attention on the ride, na decided its hers. :shock:

Back