Maiden Voyage of the Shasta Miniflyte trailer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one week and 1200 miles made for a great trip. We started on top of New Brunswick and drove down to the coast stopping by Fredericton on the way. After that we spent a few days by the Ocean in St-Martin and St-Andrews before heading into Northern Maine. We got lost in Maine trying to find a camp site. Indications are a rare breed around there. Ended up staying at Jellystone Park in Madison. The next morning we had to stop in New Hampshire because it is one of my favorite States and from there we drove home. The trailer sprung a little leak on the last stretch but apart from that it was flawless.

First evening
Vac1.jpg

The only vintage bike I saw on my journey and they wouldn't let me ride it!
Vac2.jpg

Fredericton where we visited the very interesting local museum, saw the changing of the guard and took a haunted walking tour.
Vac3.jpg

Vac4.jpg

St-Martins with its sea caves at low tide and very quaint little village.
Vac5.jpg

Vac6.jpg

Vac8.jpg

Vac9.jpg

Campsite by the Bay of Fundy with not one bad view.
Vac10.jpg

Chilling at the beach.
Vac11.jpg

With my buddy
Vac12.jpg

Found Yogi's place and managed to keep him out of our pic-a-nic basket.
Vac14.jpg

Vac16.jpg

Vac15.jpg

Had lunch in Mexico...Maine on our way to Berlin...New Hampshire and drove by Milan NH on our way to Vermont.
Vac17.jpg

We hit some serious rain on the way in to Montreal which sprang a small leak from the front window. I will have to investigate in the coming days.
Vac18.jpg

All and all it was a very fun trip and quite a kick to have the smallest rig on the campground next to those 30+ foot trailer being hauled big humongous pick up trucks.

Gerry :)

you probably had more fin in that than any of the 30 foot trailors around. haha. glad you had fun and that trailor is pretty dang awesome!

Nice Pics
Cool Trailer
nice commentary
I didn't know Jellystone actually existed, nor Mexico, ME

Thanks for the nice writeup

That's awesome Gerry.

Were you able to sleep okay in that trailer?

Can't remember if I ever saw the inside or whether you can sleep in it at all.

There used to be a chopped 41 Mercury on main street in Mexico....this is back in the late 80's though. we used to drive through there on the way to camp in Millonocket up by Baxter State Park

You're about 1/5 hours north of me right now. Have a great trip!

Sleeping in it was fantastic despite having to use a $28 inflatable mattress due to budget cuts. All the pictures are mine. Just to boost my ego, which one did you think were postcards? I'm back home now just to be clear on my location. :)

Do you use any jack/stabilizer on the trailer to keep it from moving or tipping backward?

looks like all that hard work paid off and you had a sweet vacation..... i love the pic's also my kind of vacation ...doing absolutely nothing...

Your camper looks great, and the ez up fits great.

I'm impressed. Glad you had a fun trip.

Gary,
Thanks for the photos and trip diary. Felt like I was with you! The trailer looks great.

Joe

xddorox said:
All the pictures are mine. Just to boost my ego, which one did you think were postcards? :)
I knew that they were your photos, Gerry, but I was giving a complement! Good stuff! The lighthouse pic, for instance looks enhanced or retouched. Your camera must be way better than mine, or was it really that beautiful there?
Glad you made it back okay and that you folks had a good time and you have a new buddy!

Thank you all for the great comments. As far as the pictures Fireproof I cheated on 2 counts. The pictures of the caves had the white balance adjusted because I screwed up with the camera and the crab pic was easy to pull off since the subject was dead. The rest are a proof that my Nikon Coolpix is a pretty awesome camera for a point and shoot. :D

Back