Magis Rat's Board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's Don's latest creation. It came out great as usual. He's scared to ride it though(big sissy!). I'll let Don tell the details.
IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Beautiful bike! But I prefer to keep the skid marks on the inside of my shorts. :lol:

Dennis

Thanks John for the Pics of my FLYING MERKEL tribute bike.

There is a reason its painted Blood Red and the seat is Fecal Matter Brown,and if you know the pirate joke thats real funny right there!

Its a 5sp. 'fixie' with no brakes.

It started out as a '70's Ross F/F 10sp. girls straight down tube frame.

Now the top tube was a weed wacker shaft.

The middle tube was a plastic coated metal lawn chair leg.

The bottom tube was the top tube of a 1953 Schwinn girls bike that I saved from my first Rat/boys conversion in 1990.

NOW,I just have to build a matching set of Brass Spheres to ride it.

The next bike thats clamped in the vise is of of unknown origin.(guessing pre-WW2. skip link/swing stand etc.)

It got a girls/boys conversion 20 years ago and sat in the cellar til now,and will get cut again.

The plan always was a stock black Harley Davidson re-creation bike...Now its gonna be a gray Harley Board Tracker of about the 1907 era.

Magic every bike you do is simply awesome! I'm debating making my board tracker a fixie as well. I'll run a brake on front till I get used to it then pull it off.

Awsome, I'd like to get on it, and see if I'm really stupid enough to get it moving. I like the shifter alot. There are a whole bunch of things on that bike that make it fun/dangerous, but isn't that what boardtracking was all about?

Thanks all for the comps guys and I hope its just an insperation for some of yas to build your own Board Tracker.

Korp,Dangerous,Yes,Thats why Im afraid to ride it...and probably never will.

I want to also thank my bud John Giovanelli for tiggin' up the frame for me.

If anybody needs any welding done in the Central Jersey (Allentown) area lemme know.He told me to spread the word.

He is a Race Car/Hot Rod/Street Rod Fabricator.

Does a 5spd fixie really work? I forsee the only problem is when you back pedal.

Nice execution on the frame, paint and assembling.

cman,Because it WAS originally a Front Freewheel set-up,the rear hub is locked.

Any kind of back pedaling now causes the deraillier to collapse.(Shifts fine on the stand)

I'm still working on a set of Brass Castanets to ride it.

Maybe Stainless Steel or Titanium...

...until then I'll just look at it and save on medical bills.

BEAUTY!

Me like!!!
I realy like the old looks of this bike.... Love what you did with the rear fender. Just awesome!

Thanks Basman,That rear fender is only a piece of galvanized sheetmetal that happened to curl itself perfectly while cutting with oversize/antique tin snips.

i only have one question for a bike like this. CAN I HAVE IT? I'm just joking. very very nice bike.

Back