LOST SOUL RECOVERY UNIT Finished 5/28/09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Of course my free time is non existant and I am trying to do a buildoff bike at the same time. But thats ok, my brother in laws birthday is June 1st and he is also the senior pastor at my Church. So I have this old Murray sitting around I was going to build for my wife, but no hand brakes (ya she's spoiled) so I have another Cruiser five in the wings for her. So this one is going to be military themed with a twist as he was also a Marine I am planning on olive drab wheels and blacking out the chrome. and the paint will be camo as multi color crosses and proper lettering. this is how she looked before the taredown[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/bikesmostly012.jpg[/img]

Re: LOST SOUL RECOVERY UNIT

I think you should put wider bars on it! :lol:
I think it'll look cool when you're done with it! :D

Galtbacken said:
I think you should put wider bars on it! :lol:
I think it'll look cool when you're done with it! :D
I actually have some old Harley bars that are going on it, these bars ended up on last years RRBBO.

Gold Street Customs said:
these bars ended up on last years RRBBO.

Hm, they looked so insanely wide on this bike, but more normal on the rrbbo-bike!

Galtbacken said:
Gold Street Customs said:
these bars ended up on last years RRBBO.

Hm, they looked so insanely wide on this bike, but more normal on the rrbbo-bike!
Me bad I forgot to mention that I cut five inches off each end. :oops:

I found the thread with the other frame, it is also AMF produced. These frames would not be badged Murray as that was one of AMF's main bicycle manufacturing competitors, akin to Ford/Chevy rather than Ford/Mercury. Roadmaster and Western Flyer are both possible badges on these frames as Roadmaster was the AMF house badge and Western Autos used AMF as one of their suppliers.

Gold Street,
That should be very nice. Please tell your brother thanks for serving our country as well as serving our Lord...... Those to charectoristics tell me he is a great man.

rms37 said:
I found the thread with the other frame, it is also AMF produced. These frames would not be badged Murray as that was one of AMF's main bicycle manufacturing competitors, akin to Ford/Chevy rather than Ford/Mercury. Roadmaster and Western Flyer are both possible badges on these frames as Roadmaster was the AMF house badge and Western Autos used AMF as one of their suppliers.
I figure for what I paid for it....$5 it could be badgeless. There is only ONE badge that will be worthy for this build....
:wink:

What are the odds, I just picked up a girls version (picks to be posted later) it is a three speed with 26x1-3/8 wheels, I bought it for parts for ten bucks as it has cool fenders, brakes,crank cover, and actually the frame is cool looking but the front fork looks bent. And it is badged Western Flyer.

Re: LOST SOUL RECOVERY UNIT Paint pics!5/19

Galtbacken said:
Nice paintjob!!
Thank you, this build has been alot of fun so far, I still need to paint the bars ( if I run these I have yet to decide) and it would be nice to find some camoflage grips.

Back