Looking for links for Springer steel plate patterns?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of any links to find Patterns or Files to build a Springer front end? I'd like to build a new front end on a beach cruiser that has bent bars.

Thanks

There is a way to make his fork better , by welding a nut in the tops
of the tubes. When and if you build one you will see where it can be
modified to work better. Its a fantastic design and he did a killer job
on making the drawings that you can use to cut out the pieces.

I wrote John Brain for advise on these forks and he told me to make sure I had enough clearance between the tire and the bar the springs mount to, so that they would not touch under full compression. if you make a long chopper fork this won't be a problem. He said he made the plans as basic as he could so first time builders wouldn't be scared to try and make them. And that I should use the plans as a starting point and make improvements if I liked. I'll get it mine made one of these days. I got the springs anyways :D I still think its a good looking fork and its cheap to make.

Dorian

I forgot, I asked john Brain about the bearing race. he said the ones he had fit on straight tubes, and he apologised for not mentioning it. He said that Nova Cycles has a part called a unicrown race ring, that will allow you to use a regular bearing race on a straight tube so it doesnt move around. I thought I would mention that. you can also go to a fastener supply place and buy long shanked bolts that have 1/2 -13 thread ends for the spring rods, that way you dont have to weld threads to the end of 1/2 inch rods, you just cut down the bolts to the size you need. That was another suggestion.

For good pricing on bolts/fasteners (and more) go find a Fastenal store near you; WAY cheaper than a hardware store, especially for big stuff. Other good options are a farm supply or even your local auto parts (like NAPA) stores.

Back