looking for info on this evans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone see one like this? Are all the parts original to the bike? Ive never seen a tank like this, also whats with the texico seat?
Any idea on value? thanks

I've never seen a tank like that on ANYTHING. It certainly has the angles, but something doesn't see right about it to me. There's a space with a bracket that holds the rear end of the tank away from the top bar on all the Evans Colsons that I've seen from this period (late '50's - early '60's) Unless that's an ultra-rare tank. The bike wouldn't be worth $200 to me.

Thanks Dave, heres a better pic of the tank. I've never seen a tank like this either. I know the seat isn't original, but it is pretty cool.

Judging by the tab on the frame, it sure looks like the tank is original to that bike. I'd have to agree with the advice given on the CABE. that it's not worth $200 if you were going to try to flip it. As a keeper you'd have a very uncommon bike, but $200 would be top dollar.

It's a late Evans, close to when they went out of business in '62. The chain ring looks like a Monark, but it's different. I have this one.

-Adam

Back