Looking for good reading material.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to find some books on bicycles. Not necessarily price guides, but I guess that would be ok, as long as they had pictures. What I'd like to find is just a history of the bicycle, or even the history of certain makes. Thanks, Dean

Awhile back, I asked a question similar to this on the FreakBike board, didn't get much of a response and got mostly other types of "good reads".
Mine was "Bicycles at War", not sure of the author though. It gives the history of military bikes and their uses up thru the late 1900s. Some very interesting battle stories and the training efforts of the military and their bikes. Talks about all different countries and how they used the bikes in battle. Does have some very cool pictures!
The rest were various types of reading, some gearhead related material though. Here's the thread for anyone interested in contributing or gleaning.
http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... f=1&t=1141

Looking forward to what other books crop up! :shock:
Chainy

the cabe has a list of books on theyre home page also try beverly cleary's henrey and beezus...its a great story my son and i read(its about a boy whos trying to get a bike and its hilarious! you might even recognize the bikes that they describe or the ones in the illustrations )...

Happy Year, I'm hopfully going to start this year out right, with good reading material.

Collectable Schwinn-Bult Bicycle's 1950's - 1965 - By James L. Hurd
Schwinn-Bult Bicycles Super Balloon TireBicycles 1933-World War II - James Hurd & T.A. gordon
Collectable Elgin-J.c.Higgins Hawthorn Bicycles - By James Hurd & T.A. Gordon
Standard catalog of Schwinn bicycles 1895 - 2004 By Doug Mitchel
The big book of vintage Bicycle Hubs - Bought through Memory Lane $20.
Island Cycle Supply Company - Bought this one on e-bay from Back to the fiftys ??

I buy my books from a number of book stores like Half Price Books, Other cyclist garage sales, Amazon.com is a good place to find titles and authors. I hope this will help build up some of your libraries. I also have other books and manuals, I buy them when I find them and sell off any duplicates.

May everyone have a great new year and may all of your builds come out awesome.

Dos Cruiser

Latest posts

Back