Looking for a front hub ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2.5" ChoppersUS front rim for my bike which I want to lace, but I am having a hard time finding a hub.

I want a "beefier" looking hub as I think it will look better with the fatter rim. I like the look of the hubs that come on the Felt 24" wheels but cannot seem to find anything like it (see attached photo)

I want silver in colour and do not want/need a disc brake hub.

Any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated.

FeltRim.jpg

Try doing a search for something like "high flange bmx front hub", you should hit something.

maybe a mechanic somewhere will eventually cut one out of a tacoed wheel and list it on ebay... :wink:

i don't know that they exist outside of the chinese factory floor... :|

36 hole I presume?
I've got this rebuilt vintage ACS heavy duty BMX hub available. It's drilled for 11ga spokes though. Are you lacing it into a 24" rim? I've got the spokes and nipples if you do a cross 4 pattern.

DSCF3413.jpg

Here's what looks like laced into a Worksman rim

DSCF3486.jpg

PM if you're interested.

Cheers,
Dr. T

FWIW, the hub in the op has a flange diameter more akin to a sturmey archer drum brake hub- probably 10+mm bigger than old school high flange... :wink:

DSC01756.jpg

P10001752bwg.jpg

Varsities and Continentals used high flange alloy 36-hole hubs. Schwinn made bazillions of these bikes so I'm sure there are some wheels floating around out there that could be had for cheap.

I have some high flange road hubs, they look like the one Dr. T showed you.

Back