Look what my wife helped me get today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has a friend that is a bit of of a pack rat. When she stopped by for a visit the other day, they got on the subject of bikes, and her friend mentioned that she has a bunch of bikes that she got while out picking. My lovely wife told her that I was getting back into messing around with bikes, and maybe I might be interested in looking at what she had. I went looking to find something for my wife, but other than a couple of seized up 3 speeds, nothing caught her eye out of the pile of about 15 bikes. But , I did find, for me, a Huffy "Big Daddy" cruiser. A broken chain, missing chain guard, and peeling and faded paint is about all I found wrong on it. I got it cheap, and brought it home.

Thanks Honey! A new project for me to play with. Now I still gotta find a bike for the wife.

I like how the "pack rat" friend described what she was doing as "picking" when it's pretty obvious she was just hoarding. Haha, us Rat Rod Bike guys appreciate a Huffy (some of us at least), while a true picker would just walk right past it!

Cool bike, I like the "humpack" frame. You should do a Hump Day bike... WOOO WOOO!!!!

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike...

dragnusa said:
Nice find, if the paints not pealing on the rims you should be about to bring back the color on them

All of the red paint is in really good shape, just faded, so it should polish out pretty good. The black on the frame however, is a totally different story. almost all of it is flaking, but since the bike was sitting outside for who knows how long, I will be taking it all the way down any way to check the bearings on the bottom and on the head, it will get new paint. Thinking of hitting it with black with flakes of gold that I saw at the local Walmart. I know it's rattle can, but I'm not too picky on looks, happy with a 10 foot paint job, as long as the mechanicals are tip top. Those stupid flame stickers are going by by, no matter what I decide to do.

Maybe camel brown, HUMPDAAAY!

Back