LOOK AT WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!...hope you like!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D After a long wait finaly got me bike and shes loverley!
STP82166.jpg

STP82165.jpg

Fantastic smooth, quite, ride....but the brake is well er a little pants :oops: lol! Any tips on improving it or should i just learn to live with it? The horn is loud enough mind :D !!

:D Cheers Guys! Much appreciated! Who would believe you could find something like this in England! Rode it round to me dads yesterday..then....had it all figured out who i was going to show it ...sorry Her.. off too today but its rained none stop...and i mean none stop, the paths and roads are like rivers over here!

If it has an oil port and you haven't oiled it, start there. If that doesn't fix it, you can take the brake discs and lightly hone them with a final stage whetstone. Also, instead of packing the entire hub with grease, just do the bearings, and saturate the discs and basket (hub) with 30weight auto or light machine oil. If all else fails, here's a link to the last resort. :wink: http://www.bikeville.com/hubparts.html That bike would be a major score here in the US as well. 8)

You had to wait 22 days to get it - now that's what I call courage. On this side of the pond we're a little more accustomed to immediate gratification. It was worth the wait. I really like the headlight - I'm so used to seeing a Phantom fender light in that paint scheme it seems refreshing to see a totally diferent style light up from. Congrats on the new girl.

:D Cheers for all the feedback! Deorman thanks for the part link and the refurb advice much appreciated!

Wow 300 quid for that bike what a bargin! Thats a rare bike even here in their home country, they sell for massive money here $800-1000us that one would probably bring more due to condition, awesome bike.

Road Master said:
You had to wait 22 days to get it - now that's what I call courage. On this side of the pond we're a little more accustomed to immediate gratification. It was worth the wait. I really like the headlight - I'm so used to seeing a Phantom fender light in that paint scheme it seems refreshing to see a totally diferent style light up from. Congrats on the new girl.
I was going MAD! the guy just came up with excuse after excuse and I was scared to upset him in case he said heres your money back ...I wanted this bike :D ...so had a nightmare time over her lol!

Rustydawg, I dont think they ever where sold in England... back then anyway.. most likely brought over by an American service man.. You know.. Over paid, Over Nice Cycles and Over Here :D !

Schweetcruisers, Thanks!!

I dont think they ever where sold in England... back then anyway.. most likely brought over by an American service man.. You know.. Over paid, Over Nice Cycles and Over Here :D !

I guess that means you have one of the "Few"....All you need now is a Cleveland Welding built competitor to the Schwinn Panther, paint it up in Luftwaffe colors, and re-enact the Battle of Britian!

Back