long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-27 ITS A ROLLER)

heres the low

beauty4.jpg

lower.jpg

where do I vote???

that looks awesome! no whitewall(s) though?

stretch said:
that looks awesome! no whitewall(s) though?

i really was thinking about them- i bought these tires because the guys at the LBS pulled them off an mp and replaced them with fat franks, i got a deal.

so heres the question - i have another bike that is riding on some old Carlisle lightnings that i want to use black tires on. im feeling how they look on this bike, but im aways open to suggestions. i love felt tires, they are like an obsession of mine, i have all white, black and if i can afford them i know where there is plenty of whitewalls waiting for me.

im going to have to put this bike together to see how i like the all blacks...

Very cool! It has kind of an art deco look to it. I am ready to vote too! :D

deorman said:
Great retro look as a steer tire, now a traction type for the rear? That would be full blown geezer school! (I would know :wink: )

i see! like my beezuh?

DSC_0014.jpg

im still thinking about maybe throwing a 24 inch rim on the back to see how it would look a little lowered!

non bike related:

a local bar, my favorite bar actually is a tiki bar that hasnt changed much since it opened in 1958. behind the bar there is a sign that says

kwitcherbeliakn

just food for thought!

with bars:

bards.jpg

im not so happy with them, i have something else up my sleeve, but that willl have to wait. these forks look pretty awesome with roadbike stems and lower bars, i have a few bars in ye olde' parts bin im going to try out. also, anyone have reasonably priced bullet/rocket grips?

with the hubcaps up
heavyrear.jpg

i dont have the skirts on it yet because i have to drill the fenders and a hole on one side so that the hubcap brackets will fit.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-30 bars and hubcaps)

those caps are cool what are they?

they sell them as "57 cadillac hubcap bullets" i bought them for my cad, then realized its too low to fit under the skirts in the back.

Schweetbike, can I give you one piece of advice, I used to own an X-53, and its sister bikes, the Murray Fleetline and J.C. Higgins Colorflow, don't take it off of any curbs, or pop any wheelies, because of the springer design the wheel moves and the fender does not so any impact hard enough to bottom out the springer will stop the front wheel cold and you'll go flying off the seat and rack yourself on the top bar :shock: ! Other than that I loved the bike and it rode really smooth, with very little rattles, which was shocking for as many sheet metal add-on parts were on it.

Latest posts

Back