Linking to Craigslist? That's SO last century.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of folks here like to post links from CL, unfortunately, you really have to find the RRB thread in time before the CL ad either closes on its own or the author closes the ad forever.

Here's a neat trick:

More than likely your computer has a button labeled "Prt Sc" (print screen) in the upper right hand quadrant of your keyboard.

While looking at the CL page, hold down the SHIFT key and press the Prt Sc key once.

Open a 'paint' program.

Select 'edit'.

Select 'paste'.

You should see a screenshot of your screen in the paint program now.

Save it to an easily found folder as a Jpeg.

Upload that bad boy to a photo hosting site, in my case, Photobucket:

BAM!!
bikes.jpg

KZ1000 said:
sounds like more work than its worth

So is clicking on a buttload of links to expired pages. I'd rather post a screenshot than letting a homie here click on a dead link. But that's just me.

Well I see your point but I just dont hit the button on threads that are from CL unless they are fresh and if they are in my area. Its not like im going to look at a CL item from CA when I'm from MI. I wouldnt want to get bummed out at something I cant have anyway because almost all ads on CL dont ship things. So I just dont bother looking.

The best deal is to download craigspal .Then you can type in a specific bike your looking for and it will search all the craigslist ads and find you really neat bikes for really cheap prices that they wont ship you. :wink: Depression the silent killer

Uncle Stretch said:
The best deal is to download craigspal .Then you can type in a specific bike your looking for and it will search all the craigslist ads and find you really neat bikes for really cheap prices that they wont ship you. :wink: Depression the silent killer

Uncle Stretch, I never heard of CraigsPal. Thanks a lot, now I'm going to have to share that depression with you. :mrgreen:

I use it all the time. If you get specific it will search pretty fast. If you generalize it take forever to find something. I found a pierce in savana georgia . I tried everything to get the guy to sell it and ship. $100 shaft drive and 95% of it was there. I was sad for a long time. :cry: :cry: :cry: Just the headbadge would have been worth big bucks.

I just downloaded it. It's actually pretty cool. Thanks for telling me about it, Uncle Stretch. I'm sorry your deal didn't go through. That would be a bummer to have someone not ship something to you however I would hesitate to ship something to someone on Craigslist too. I hope I don't run across an anodized red CMC rear wheel on CraigsPal, then I'd be really depressed... hehe, that is if it's out of my city. :wink:

I always thought it would be cool to search the Gotham Craigslist... it just sounds so funny.

http://gotham.craigslist.org/bik

:mrgreen: :lol:

You will find that guy in colorado has almost one of everything your looking for and he cls alot so his stuff will popup alot. I ignore all his high prices.
Here is the link if any insomniacs are interested . Have fun, oh yeah dont blame me if not being able to come up with a way to get a perfect condition hoopti do for $50 makes you crazy.

Sorry Voodoo I didnt mean to hijack your post. :?

http://craigspal.com/Download-CraigsPal

.... you all for posting that program. I spent an hour on it this morning. :p

I understand what Voodoo is saying. If you copy and paste it will disappear when it's deleted. So if you want everyone to enjoy it, VooDoo it. By putting it in Steve's new Ebay/Craigslist category we can start a pricing guide of do's and don'ts world wide
(or something like that).

(Gee Brain, want do you want to do tonight? The samething we do everynight Pinky, try to take over the world.)

Thanks VooDoo, great idea!
Dos Cruiser

Back