LIME DROP ~~~ frame to rough

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9666.jpeg

IMG_9665.jpeg

Doing some fuzzy math here. In RatRod tradition. Use what you have going to lace a 36h hub to a 48h rim. Took a few times. But think I figured out the right 12 holes to keep blank.

Got this super cool 29x2 tire in yesterday. I sure do love the look. Cool looking square shape and Muscle Bike Like tread. With the front 29x1.6 gave me good stagger. And looks so cool on the Deep V. Looks like it fits (just barley) in the stays. But I didn’t even think about the
IMG_9681.jpeg
IMG_9682.jpeg
IMG_9688.jpeg
IMG_9689.jpeg
IMG_9690.jpeg
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9692.jpeg
IMG_9691.jpeg
top hitting the seat post. Going to need to get the wheels laced up and try some different tires out. Too bad this didn’t fit cause I do love this tire. All good part of the fun of building
Thanks for all the likes and looking at this thread.

Okay wanted to make sure a laced up 700/29er would fit. Grabbed the rear off my single speed also a 29x2 tire. Might just be a little lower profile tire. But good news this fits!! Hard to see in photo but just enough clearance at the chain stays. So now I can sleep at night. Time to lace some wheels
IMG_9706.jpeg
IMG_9710.jpeg
IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

IMG_9716.jpeg

Last edited:
Curious about the 36h hub and the 48h rim. Have you done this before?

I was trying to figure out if I could lace a 40h hub to a 36h rim.
If you skipped #1 and #11 on one side of the hub and #6 and #16 on the other side you should be able to still three cross with same length spokes (on paper, never actually tried it).

Last edited:
If you skipped #1 and #11 on one side of the hub and #6 and #16 on the other side you should be able to still three cross with same length spokes (on paper, never actually tried it).
Yeah there’s lots of info on the Google on how to do it. I’ve next laced a 36h hub to a 48 we will see how it goes 🤞🏼

]Sissy-Bar arrived yesterday..
IMG_9848.jpeg
IMG_9850.jpeg
IMG_9853.jpeg

I like my banana seat to be mounted at the very front. Going to drill
Out this mount and move it all they way forward.
IMG_9857.jpeg
IMG_9860.jpeg
IMG_9862.jpeg

IMG_9858.jpeg
IMG_9859.jpeg

Time to head to work.. I’ll get the mount re-mounted tomorrow. Looks like it seat and sissy bar will work.

Attachments

• IMG_9863.jpeg
    IMG_9863.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9853.jpeg
    IMG_9853.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9848.jpeg
    IMG_9848.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just buzzed through this for the first time, that frame is ultra cool and you've got some wild ideas to top it off!

I've seen those Grifter 29er tires out there, never tried one. Looks good on the V - rim. That hub is really cool, looks like it says Shimano on the center hub? And the fact that it is a cassette hub says a lot about the quality.

Nobody's mentioned it yet; Lime Drop.... crazy lime green paint?!? This frame definitely deserves it!

skipton's Lime.jpeg

Just buzzed through this for the first time, that frame is ultra cool and you've got some wild ideas to top it off!

I've seen those Grifter 29er tires out there, never tried one. Looks good on the V - rim. That hub is really cool, looks like it says Shimano on the center hub? And the fact that it is a cassette hub says a lot about the quality.

Nobody's mentioned it yet; Lime Drop.... crazy lime green paint?!? This frame definitely deserves it!

View attachment 250101
Thanks for taking a look! Yeah those Grifter tires are so cool. I do love how it fits on the deep V. You got it it’s a Shimano hub some weird 1980’s stuff. Yep Lime Drop will be a crazy green for a crazy frame. I’m out of town for a couple days can’t wait to get back working on this. Time is ticking thanks again.

Latest posts

Back