Lil' Pixie (updated 3-8-08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this set of Rims.

DSCF1414.jpg

Their perfect for Lil' Pixie! 8)
Apparently Missy thinks their perfect too.

DSCF1415.jpg

Here is a close up of the hub.

DSCF1416.jpg

I will be repainting the rims. Also I have a different set of tires that I am using.

Also found this set of pedals. Plan on using these for Lil' Sprocket. But since she is at the storage I don't know yet if they are compatible.

DSCF1420.jpg

Missy also likes these too. Here is a close up of them.

DSCF1418.jpg

I think I have your cats twin, both of your cats if I remember corredtly:
100_0005.jpg

...nice rims too!!

2006_1209dickens20027.jpg

Here is Mister and Missy together. Mister passed away during that recall on the catfood. But they sure do look like twins to yours, just mister was a little darker than yours and Your cat that looks like missy is darker.

2006_1209dickens20036.jpg

Markm said:
Mine are Bela and Mina...have 2 more that I didnt get to name, Princess and Daisy

I like those names. My cat's real names are Angel. Mister I named Angel when I got him 14 years ago. Missy was actually bigdaddydouble and mama Kat's cat, they named her Angel. So when we adopted her to save on confusion(she got in alot of trouble) we called them mister and missy.

Ummmm.....This is a bike site!I'm not here looking for pu**y!JK! Cant wait to see the Pixie when ur done!L8 EM

i love idea of using the trainer for a work stand. should be sturdy and hold a bike well. i've pass so many at thrift stores. now i won't see any. thanks for the idea.

mike

ponytailmike said:
i love idea of using the trainer for a work stand. should be sturdy and hold a bike well. i've pass so many at thrift stores. now i won't see any. thanks for the idea.

mike

Nogoodnic actually gave the idea to us! :D It Works great even for Lil' Pixie.

Okay I was so excited about getting the rims, I thought I better get them tires off.

Chainsaw didn't know I was working on it until I almost had it completely off the first rim.
Here is me getting the tire off the first rim.
DSCF1421.jpg

Next tire.
DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1425.jpg

DSCF1427.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

Look at that Rim. Can't wait to see it on Lil' Pixie! :D
DSCF1430.jpg

So I ended up not going over to the storage tonight.
I'm sitting here getting the rims ready for paint and relize that The front hub I want to paint a different color from the spokes and the rest of the rim. So off comes the spokes so I can prep and get ready for paint.

This is where I start to take the spokes off.
DSCF1431.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

DSCF1434.jpg

Almost done.
DSCF1435.jpg

So I get over to the storage today to work on Lil' Pixie. I start by preparing the hub and rim by sanding it. I get that done and sand the sprocket. I get the section taped off and think okay I can get started on the painting.

I then look over at the back rim and think. Dang that hub is chrome. Thats not going to match.
DSCF1440.jpg

Off comes the spokes.
I then prepare the rest of the parts for painting.

Off to priming.
DSCF1443.jpg

DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

DSCF1445.jpg

DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1446.jpg

Got them done. Hey I still have the spokes to paint. I ended up leaving the front set of spokes at home. Have to work on them next time I'm up at the storage.
Here are some before pictures. Didn't get the painted pictures. Chainsaw left me in the storage alone.

DSCF1454.jpg

DSCF1455.jpg

Look what I found.
DSCF1467.jpg

Got this ready and primed.
DSCF1468.jpg

DSCF1469.jpg

Here is a little something that I plan on using. Keep you guesing for a while.

DSCF1456.jpg

Didn't get a chance to do any of the welding that I planned. Had to let the paint dry.
Not to worry can work on it another day.

Back