Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what my brain came up with...

DSCN0936.jpg

DSCN0937.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

Funny, I was thinking of this old thread as I was looking at madcap's bike on his thread - it definitely belongs on here!

stepper said:
Here are my townie's. I don't think of them as "Pashley Guv'nor" style since they were built before the Guvnor was introduced.

Raleigh_1.jpg

Raleigh_2-1.jpg

Is that bike a Raleigh Tourist? I've got a Raleigh Chiltern which I think is the same bike by another name. Yours looks a heck of a lot prettier though.
I want to put white tyres on mine but the only ones available in the UK in 26" 1 3/8 size are the Raleigh white-wall tyres (black tread) which are very cheap but very thin and weak. Next weekend I'll get rid of the black saddle which looks rather dull and replace it with an old Brooks saddle and fit a new pair of handlebar grips.

RaleighChiltern3.jpg

Chris at Barrio Bikes in Phoenix, AZ is building a replica Pashley Guv'nor using a 60's JC Higgins as his platform.

Can't wait to see pics of the finished build; will post when I get them.

Ok well I call mine a board tracker more than a Governor, but I never was into politics..... :mrgreen: Too many straight bars here got to throw a bent one in the mix.
My Hercules Flat black, camel back, board-track.

P9170014.jpg

I guess the one on the right might be Guv'nor-ish.

onetwohxh.jpg

PS. That's not the color of fall - it's a mango tree dying after a flood under the tropical sun.... :cry:

I think Pashley dropped the ball when they chose the Tektro lever, designed to go with a handlebar shifter, for the Guv'nor. They could have thought up something sleek and stylish. The Italians would have.

Dang, these are some nice looking bikes! 8)

Here's my '65 Hercules. Not quite a Guv'nor bike but all British. I'm running a ' 69 Sturmey S-5 Five speed hub I laced to a Raleigh hoop in the back. I have since put some more aggressive 'knobbier' tires on it. I use it on the rail trail in town. It flies!

Build thread: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =+hercules

P1011570-1.jpg

P1011567.jpg

test018.jpg

Latest posts

Back